Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MPGs will this help!!?!?!?!

Old 01-07-2013, 02:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

*picks up flame thrower * why do people keep complaning about gas milage on their jeeps? Did no one do any kind of research before they bought it? Its well documented that they get craptastic milage why do people still seem supprised? Its a 4500lb chunk of steel with the aerodynamics of a brick rollin on big meaty tires. Nothing about this indicates in any way about good fuel economy. Im not bitchin at the op im just wondering in general.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
*picks up flame thrower * why do people keep complaning about gas milage on their jeeps? Did no one do any kind of research before they bought it? Its well documented that they get craptastic milage why do people still seem supprised? Its a 4500lb chunk of steel with the aerodynamics of a brick rollin on big meaty tires. Nothing about this indicates in any way about good fuel economy. Im not bitchin at the op im just wondering in general.
Hahahaha couldn't have said it better myself, if you're super into gas mileage and still want good gas mileage, you need the coin for a 4BT install and even that doesn't get GREAT gas mileage.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

*still want a jeep
Old 01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

im not bitching about bad mpg as much as checking to see is what im getting normal, turns out the dealer told me today my driver side cat is broken. i took it in for the front drive shaft to be replaced under warranty and told them i had a leak/ rattle and the leak was the flange and the rattle was the cat guts bouncing around. my thought is the cold air hitting the cat burned it up but IDK. i think most people here want to be sure they are getting all they can due to cost at the pump.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed the diablosport INTUNE. I have a manual with 33's and 4.10 gears. Stock intake and exhaust. I liked the programmer for its ability to adjust the throttle. It feels like there is more power and there is a little gas mileage increase.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you are set on buying a cai and spacer, look in the classifieds. You can find used ones at a fraction of the cost. Then if you're not happy with them, you're not out that much.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
Yep, if u want mpg - DON'T PUT 35s ON - in fact put street tread (not AT) 165 section width single ply light weight tires on it and you will be rewarded, just don't expect to use your Jeep as a jeep.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haters gonna hate!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Save your money....cold air intake and TB spacers offer little to no performance gains.
I couldn't agree more. I fell for the hype and discovered it was a complete waste of money.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Everyone here wishes they could get more mileage! Don't hate. He never said he thought he would get considerably better gas mileage, he's just checking.

Mine is a 2011 rubi 6spd. I have 4" lift 35s and average between 15 and 16. 90% of my driving is hwy.

Quick Reply: MPGs will this help!!?!?!?!