Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mpg

Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTerminator

So what do you think going to happen if you regear? You gonna run higher rpm in 6th. Please tell me why are you in 6th gear with your stock gears?
Is your's a stick?.. I used to be able to cruise in 6th with plenty of torque to keep on going, now 5th and 6th seem dead at speeds under 65-70 unlike before...
Old 11-26-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by illestJK
Is your's a stick?.. I used to be able to cruise in 6th with plenty of torque to keep on going, now 5th and 6th seem dead at speeds under 65-70 unlike before...
Mine is an auto. I run it with overdrive off. If you regear you gonna run at X amount of rpm at certain speed. That's all that is going to happen. If you use a lower gear, you can get about the same rpm. It's not going to run any differently if you do that.

Quick Reply: Mpg