Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Move the evap canister or put on a skid?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for this thread .. another project on my wishlist!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I skided mine. A few things have bounced off it. Cheap protection.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rockhard relocation bracket. Simple and effective plus it makes room underneath for other goodies.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just did woods kit on saturday. It looks like it should have been put there from the factory. Anyways it gives me a reason to work on my jeep. That lead to chiseling all the sound deadening goop off, which leads me to raptor liner in a couple weeks... So on and so forth. To me its part of the jeep experience
Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 PM
JK Junkie

Skid it, if you need warranty work later on down the road they won't fight you with the fact that you moved it from it's stock location.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:33 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know where this comes from. I've never heard of a warranty or smog inspection issue as a result of relocating the evap can. Use my kit and I offer a warranty / smog inspection guarantee. I'll cover the cost to fix any issue that results from relocation.

Originally Posted by fadeout
Skid it, if you need warranty work later on down the road they won't fight you with the fact that you moved it from it's stock location.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:55 PM
JK Junkie

Where does it come from? Well lets just say that the dealers here in NJ DO NOT want you touching your vehicle at all. Walk into pretty much any dealer in North Jersey and they will hands down not touch your Jeep the minute you do anything to it. You have to fight tooth and nail with them for the most basic stuff. There are a few that will work with modded Jeeps and the closest one to my house is over a 45 minute drive when there are 3 perfectly good Jeep dealers before that one...but there's no way in Hell I'll set foot in any of they from previous stories and experiences. Not saying you don't make quality stuff because I've bought plenty from you and you do, but in this matter I just went the easy route.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put a skid on mine. But, last weekend a friend had his skid bent into the driveshaft and we had to pull it off on the trail. I guess it did its job...

Check with your dealer because they all seem to have a different opinion on what is cover under warranty.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:35 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've sold at least 14 evap relocation kits to folks in New Jersey. Have never heard of a problem.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Junkie

No Woods I wasn't saying that there would be a warranty issue from moving it. I was saying that if you move it and there's an issue later on they will find a reason to blame it on that or the spare tire carrier you're running or your tires or something... That's all I was getting at. And it's not all dealers in Jersey like I said there are a few good ones that turn the other cheek when it comes to modded Jeeps but not most.

Sent from my TBolt with 4GEEZ!

Quick Reply: Move the evap canister or put on a skid?