Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mounting mini ARB air compressor for lockers

Old 01-30-2014, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting mini ARB air compressor for lockers

Hey guys. Got a quick question. I got ARB lockers front and rear and the mini air actuator on its way in. Does the air actuator come with an engine mount already or will I be needing to get one? I've seen the synergy mount but I already have hood struts bolted there. If a mount is needed, are there any different suggestions? This is for an 07jku
Old 01-30-2014, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed one of these myself. An additional mount of some type is required if you plan to mount it in the engine compartment. The included mount/heat sink would be suitable for mounting in the cab or perhaps flat location elsewhere. Or perhaps you could fab a mount yourself. I went with the Synergy mount myself.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:57 AM
JK Junkie

There is a Jk specific bracket for this, check at Northridge

matthew
Old 01-30-2014, 10:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Most of the compressor brackets mount to the inboard side of the brake booster. The hood struts I have seen mount further out toward the edge of the engine compartment. Are you sure there will be interference?

There is a decent writeup showing an arb compressor install up in the write-ups area. Click the index at the top, look in the Other Accessories area, then follow the links to it. (some links from the index may still be broken, so just scroll down to it if you need to...)
Old 01-30-2014, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

I used the EVO mount for the ARB compressor under the hood. def a quality part and made mounting the compressor a lot easier. +1 for Northridge. I got the compressor and the EVO mounting bracket in a sweet package deal.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EVO mount and hood struts work fine together

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3872655638.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	527614

Quick Reply: Mounting mini ARB air compressor for lockers