Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which mount on Tera Flex tire hinge for Rotopax?

Old 07-28-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which mount on Tera Flex tire hinge for Rotopax?

Been wanting to mount the Rotopax gas cans on my TF spare tire hinge but I am not certain which bracket to get. Depending upon what I read there is a $79.00 bracket or a $29.00 bracket, both from TF which say they are for mounting a Rotopax can to the TF hinge.

It looks like the more expensive bracket, the larger of the two, is designed for the hi lift and the Rotopax mount while the less expensive and smaller piece is for Rotopax cans only.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-D.../4838200fb.jpg

I will not be mounting a hi lift on my jeep. All I want is the Rotopax mount. Do these work together or seperate, as a modular system, depending on what the user needs?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:22 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You want just the accessory mount. And then you will need a mount from rotopax.

If I understand it right, the accessory mount will hold either the jack -or- the rotopax. For those who want to use both, you put the jack on the accessory mount, then attach the hi-lift rotopax mount to the jack.

News - TeraFlex Product Highlight: JK HD Hinged Carrier Accessory Mount | TeraFlex Suspensions
Old 07-28-2013, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You want just the accessory mount.

If I understand it right, the accessory mount will hold either the jack -or- the rotopax. For those who want to use both, you put the jack on the accessory mount, then attach the hi-lift rotopax mount to the jack.

News - TeraFlex Product Highlight: JK HD Hinged Carrier Accessory Mount | TeraFlex Suspensions
x2, this is correct.

Quick Reply: Which mount on Tera Flex tire hinge for Rotopax?