Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Motor mods

Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor mods

I just installed a volant cold air intake, superchips, and did the ESP killswitch. Anything else I should look into as far as the motor? ( keep ideas on the cheap side, no supercharger)
Old 03-08-2011, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Upgrades

How about plugs, wires, headers and exhaust?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I've read the combination of Riip long tube headers and Magnaflow exhaust produces a sizeable gain in HP & torque (like around 30RWHP). Riipmods are a vendor here; PM them & find out the details & pricing from them.

Last edited by JKlad; 03-08-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really looked into the plugs and wires thing, I have a couple of buddies over at MSD check into it. NO GO....seems like its to much of a hassle to make an ignition box, or controller that is CAN compliant. Was even told there is really nothing available right now.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Shorter tires
Gears
S/C
V-8

Old 03-08-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKlad
From what I've read the combination of Riip long tube headers and Magnaflow exhaust produces a sizeable gain in HP & torque (like around 30RWHP). Riipmods are a vendor here; PM them & find out the details & pricing from them.
+1 on this. I had a chance to drive one with headers (don't recall what brand) and exhaust, and there is a definite "seat of the pants" torque like feel that starts and dissipates throughout the engine's powerband. But then again, that's not really measuring HP.

Quick Reply: Motor mods