Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Most reliable lift?

Old 10-21-2008, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
If you don't want any warranty issues, go with a 1 or 2in body lift (flame on guys) or minimal warranty issues 2in REBB. Depends on the dealer what kind of issues they'll cover. #1 if you run larger than max allowed tire size, they have a reason to void your whole powertrain. If you have any type of suspension lift they can void a hellalotta stuff also. If you do a body lift, and keep stock size tires, not much to void on that. You could get a set of 33's or 34's and run with a 2inbl and switch them out with stockers if probs arise and need to go to the dealer. But hey,it's all in what you want and are willing to do.

Read your warranty info...NOTHING voids your warranty except tampering with the odometer.

The dealer does NOT cover aftermarket components unless it is a Mopar component installed by the dealer. The dealer does NOT cover components damaged by installed after market components even if the component damaged was a covered component.

If a covered component fails and damages a non-covered component the dealer will only fix the covered component.

and I repeat...NOTHING voids your warranty except tampering with the odometer

Old 10-21-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by landshark
Read your warranty info...NOTHING voids your warranty except tampering with the odometer.

The dealer does NOT cover aftermarket components unless it is a Mopar component installed by the dealer. The dealer does NOT cover components damaged by installed after market components even if the component damaged was a covered component.

If a covered component fails and damages a non-covered component the dealer will only fix the covered component.

and I repeat...NOTHING voids your warranty except tampering with the odometer

Not to mention that the dealer has to prove with 100% certainty that the modifications done caused the failure of the covered component. They can't say that it could PROBABLY, or MIGHT HAVE, or MAYBE caused it to fail, they have to PROVE it, to be able to deny you warranty replacement or repair coverage!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by landshark
The dealer does NOT cover aftermarket components unless it is a Mopar component installed by the dealer.
They will not cover Mopar Performance accesories. This is a common misconception, but if you read the warranty that comes with a Mopar Performance accesory it states it in the literature. Also if you ask anyone within Chrysler like done at SEMA last year they flat out state they will only warranty against corrosion, and nothign else. At the moment the only item I know of that falls under this category is the 4.5" rebranded Rubicon Express lift.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:13 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKBully
Not to mention that the dealer has to prove with 100% certainty that the modifications done caused the failure of the covered component. They can't say that it could PROBABLY, or MIGHT HAVE, or MAYBE caused it to fail, they have to PROVE it, to be able to deny you warranty replacement or repair coverage!
Yes they can say that, then you have to get a lawyer to force the issue. The M&M act is great, but you have to have a dealer who is willing to play ball without a fight. Most of the time its just easier to find a better dealer then fight with one that doesnt want your business. Would you trust a dealer to fix an issue you had to fight with and legally force them to fix? I know I wouldnt.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bly109
Yes they can say that, then you have to get a lawyer to force the issue. The M&M act is great, but you have to have a dealer who is willing to play ball without a fight. Most of the time its just easier to find a better dealer then fight with one that doesnt want your business. Would you trust a dealer to fix an issue you had to fight with and legally force them to fix? I know I wouldnt.
X2 on that! We all know now about the way the warranty issues are handled, depends on the dealer. I was giving the op an option to least associate the probs that may arise. A body lift will not cause drivetrain issues and you can run larger tires. Larger than stock tires are an issue with drivetrain components, but can more easily be swapped out back to stock if the vehicle needs to be brought in. Rather than taking a suspension lift of any kind off. Larger tires mean mo clearence, thought this is what the op was looking for and also a way of not voiding parts of his warranty or giving them a reason too.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Teraflex no ?s asked
Old 10-21-2008, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think the TF 2.5 BB is looking like a great kit. has anyone had any problums with it?
Old 10-21-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
I have never talked to a person that had a lift and did not have any problems for it.
Well, you have now! I'm using the Teraflex 2.5BB and have had zero issues with it. It's been rock solid stable. I highly recommend them.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree on the Tereflex. It is the most complete 2.5" BB available in my opinion now that it includes the rear TB drop bracket and longer links.

There have been a few problems with it but they are mostly user/installer error. You must install the rear links properly or they will hit your factory rims, some 08's had a problem installing them on the inside (proper install) since there was not enough clearance but simply elongating the factory bolt hole should fix that if you run into it.

I've been running it for over a year and am very happy with it's performance both on and off road, once I got the new rear links (I purchase before they were part of the kit) and rear TB relo brackets installed. I actually have another company's TB bracket but they are basically the same design and I only got it again becuase MY kit was purchased before it was a standard part.

If you don't plan on ever going with larger tires you might be able to not install the included bump stops and get more flex out of the suspention. There may be other problems with that though so id ask first.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:40 PM
JK Junkie

I too have had no problems with my RC lift.

Quick Reply: Most reliable lift?