Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Most reliable lift?

Old 10-20-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j33per
why not consider a Old Man Emu lift...
I like the ride quality with my OME coil and shock lift. Sounds like any of the quality 2" BBs would meet your needs.

I think most of the folks who are having issues with lifts are having trouble with the install or not knowing they installed the lift incorrectly. If you are concerned about the install, you might consider having a local shop or another local forum member help you out. A professional should be able to install a BB in a couple of hours of shop time, which will not set you back very much $$.

Check out the write up section on this site, the installation instructions are very good.

Good luck
Old 10-20-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
If you don't want any warranty issues, go with a 1 or 2in body lift (flame on guys) or minimal warranty issues 2in REBB. Depends on the dealer what kind of issues they'll cover. #1 if you run larger than max allowed tire size, they have a reason to void your whole powertrain. If you have any type of suspension lift they can void a hellalotta stuff also. If you do a body lift, and keep stock size tires, not much to void on that. You could get a set of 33's or 34's and run with a 2inbl and switch them out with stockers if probs arise and need to go to the dealer. But hey,it's all in what you want and are willing to do.
I dont think you read the post right, a body lift would do me go good!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

regardless of your lift, your clearance will not increase until you increase the tire size, at least as far as the axles are concerned. Certainly if you lift and keep stock tires you will have more clearance in the center of the vehicle... but you'll still have to worry about your axles. Just my $.02.

I always thought of lifting the vehicle as an answer to larger tires. If you could fit 40's with no lift you'd be doing better (lower center of gravity).

Of course... nothing looks quite as sweet as a taller JK.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Lift Kits

I have been told (by other JK owners) that my 2008 stock JK can take up to a 33 inch tire, with NO lift?? however, if I do go wheeling, there isn't much room for play on/under the fender.

I may get some 35 inch Goodyear MT/R's. Would a 2.5 or 3 inch BudgetBoost lift kit be suficient with 35" tires??

Thanks
Old 10-20-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

well if you don't want to get hung up and don't plan on running anything larger then the 32's. I would recommend adding better rocker skids and a under body system. trek and Rock hard both make good set ups. I also have a body who is a service writer at a jeep dealer, and he seen a lot of different lifts. he has the Rancho short arm lift on is 07 and has had no issues. He was telling me however he test drove one with the OME kit that he installed and loved it. I have had many rubicon express lifts and never had a problem. my buddies who have had lifts from this company also have had good luck with it. RE long arm lift is also the one jeep is using as their Mopar lift kit. as far as warranty coverage it is up to each dealer to make a decision weather they will cover your mods. the dealer I know use (the dealer my buddy works for) said that as long as the lift is done right and installed professionally they will cover the vehicle. he did say it would have to be lifted 4.5 inches or less, because that is what mopars lift is. so just find a good dealer that is lift friendly. I had a very bad experience at another dealer, but now have a great one.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default ground clearance

Ditto on the bigger tires- If you want more ground clearance, bigger tires is the only way to get it. Of course bigger tires require suspention lift etc. ...
Old 10-20-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had a teraflex lift on mine with stock tires and it didnt look too bad and the lift has been pretty solid, beat it up a little bit at Raush Creek and various urban curb hopping. I have the 2.5 inch coil spacer kit with new shocks.

When I had stock tires and lift installed.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
I dont think you read the post right, a body lift would do me go good!
Ok..... I gathered from your post that you wanted to know what you could do to your jeep as far as lifting and not mess up your warranty and keep your 32's. A body lift will lift your body only and give you more wheel well showing and does not affect your drivetrain. You would also have the option, if you wanted to ,to run larger tires. Not sure if you mean "go good" or no good. I was just tryin to help and give another option besides a Budget Boost
Old 10-21-2008, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

a picture is worth a thousand words

P.S. sorry about my bad typing, I am at work and dont have time to read over them befor I post.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

Seriously man, it would be easier to give you a haircut over this forum then try to find you a lift. There are some great options out there for 2.5s and higher. Do some research on here, decide from there. You are going to get a million answers and probably end up more confused then when you started. When I was looking for my BB, I was concerned about price. I went with the Rough Country 2.5 with 2.2 Shocks. It has done me fine. I just ran Rausch Creek with no problems, even a partial Black Red Trail....but next year I am going to start looking at some long arm kits.

If you are just looking for "the look" go with a BB spacer kit. Otherwise you will spend money on something that is never wheeled, which in my opinion is a waste of money. But lots of guys do it. There is a shiatload of guys on here that never wheel, yet spend thousands on their rigs modding them. Doesnt make sense to me but to each their own.

I should mention that I am also running Rubicon Unlimited springs with it. They were longer than the 2dr springs.

Last edited by dyolfknip; 10-21-2008 at 06:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Most reliable lift?