Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Most reliable lift?

Old 10-20-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most reliable lift?

I have a 09 4 door rubicon and it could use a small lift. the only thing I dont want to lift it is bacasue I have never talked to a person that had a lift and did not have any problums for it. I would like to keep my stock 32" and rims and I dont what to mass up my warranty (life time bumper to bumper)
Old 10-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So your thinking of just doing a 2.5" lift then? If you like the factory rake then a 2.5" BB with coils spacers would work. Or lose that rake with a 2.5" coil lift kit. Feel free to call me about it.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

why not consider a Old Man Emu lift...
Old 10-20-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

mY bds HAS BEEN GREAT AND IT WAS INSTALLED BY THE DEALER MAY BE A LITTLE BIG IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR 32'S THOUGH. LIFT IS 3".
Old 10-20-2008, 09:00 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
I have a 09 4 door rubicon and it could use a small lift. the only thing I dont want to lift it is bacasue I have never talked to a person that had a lift and did not have any problums for it. I would like to keep my stock 32" and rims and I dont what to mass up my warranty (life time bumper to bumper)
am i reading you right that you want to keep your 32's? and, are you saying that you do or don't want to lift it. if you're just gonna keep your 32's, you really don't need a lift at all.

as far as all the people you spoke to about lifting jeeps and them having problems, please know there are a lot of different types of lifts available and some are better than others. likewise, some people are better at installing lifts and others have no idea what they are doing. 90% of the time, whenever i hear there is a problem with a lift, it ususally has something to do with installation error. but, that's just me
Old 10-20-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to be higher off the ground to keep from getting high centerd
Old 10-20-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
I would like to be higher off the ground to keep from getting high centerd
I ran the Teraflex 2.5 BB with stock rubicon tires for about a year and I was 100% happy with it.

The first time I went to Rausch Creek, I followed Atomicmecha in his stock 4dr Rubi. He was rubbing and scraping everywhere on blue and some green trails. With the 2.5 BB we barely rubbed at all. The 2.5" of extra clearance made a huge difference.

Last edited by bly109; 10-20-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Seems to me it's a bit of a crap-shoot. One guy will have problems with one kit while the next guy won't. It could well be what wayoflife said in that its the way it was installed. For the record, I'm just as confused as you are about which kit to get.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

I'm running Rough Country's 2.5 BB with stockers and have had no problem.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't want any warranty issues, go with a 1 or 2in body lift (flame on guys) or minimal warranty issues 2in REBB. Depends on the dealer what kind of issues they'll cover. #1 if you run larger than max allowed tire size, they have a reason to void your whole powertrain. If you have any type of suspension lift they can void a hellalotta stuff also. If you do a body lift, and keep stock size tires, not much to void on that. You could get a set of 33's or 34's and run with a 2inbl and switch them out with stockers if probs arise and need to go to the dealer. But hey,it's all in what you want and are willing to do.

Quick Reply: Most reliable lift?