Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

most inclusive lift kit for 2013 JKU

Old 09-22-2020, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Is this fact, or word of mouth? We've known that the Mopar lifts for the JK were just rebranded versions of someone else's lift, (with a hefty surchage added, of course), but this is the first I have seen the RC name attached to these mopar suspensions. Wouldn't surprise me, just hadn't seen it stated before.
I know for a fact RC is what they’re currently using for the Ram, and I know for a fact they’re NOT using TF for the Mopar kit anymore on the Wrangler. I guess I can’t say for 100% that it’s RC for the wrangler now since I haven’t personally looked at one of the kits, but since they started using RC for the Ram and dropped TF for the wrangler I’d say it’s a safe bet they’re using RC on the wrangler now too. Lowest bidder wins every time.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:40 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Things starting to heat up in here
Old 09-22-2020, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Things starting to heat up in here
welcome to 2020
Old 09-22-2020, 06:41 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by donjuan79
I guess I can’t say for 100% that it’s RC for the wrangler now since I haven’t personally looked at one of the kits,
Yeah, like I said, it wouldn't surprise me. I mean, they were rebranding Superlift suspensions in the earlier days of the JK, so why not Rough Country. It's just interesting to see all the comments and reasons for or against the purchase of a 'Mopar' lift.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by donjuan79
because the overwhelming majority of people don’t run it. For the price of their sub par parts you can get top shelf parts. Mopar kits used to be ok, when they were made by Teraflex. But to my knowledge they’re made by junk country now. Like most companies they go to the lowest bidder. Whoever can give them the cheapest lift is who they use. When they were using Teraflex you could literally buy the exact same kit from TF for about 1/2 the price. You’re paying for the name “Mopar” and the stupid wooden box people think is so awesome. Those same people think that box is worth $400 alone. I wouldn’t buy a Mopar lift if you paid me and I especially wouldn’t but it from a dealership.
$400 for the box? You have to be kidding, granted it is kind of pretty..... burns dandy. Had considered keeping it for a coffee table when the ex moved out and took all the living room furniture but it was a bit too rustic for my liking....

I don't think it's made by RC since the shocks included in the kit are Fox so I would suspect that Fox also spec'd the springs. I double checked to see who owned Fox just in case it was one of those situations were one company owns the other and it's not. For example Monroe owns Rancho. Granted on the kits for the 12 and up there is also a double cardan front drive shaft and I couldn't determine the source of that part.

Branding is a big part of business these days so have to wonder if Fox would want to get connected with a sub par product...... and it kind of feels like the Lunatic Fringe at Jeep is having a hand in the source of parts to some degree. The Mojave for example has some pretty decent suspension parts on it from Fox so wonder if FCA and Fox worked together on the design.

And yes I bought a Mopar 2" lift for my 11 JK. Granted I got a very good deal on it. I think they might have been clearing out overstock back when I bought mine as it came in at the same price point as every other kit I looked at. Granted prices up here in Canada are insane compared to you guys in the States.... but still it worked out cheaper and that box sure is purty.....

As far as how it works, I just looked at my front springs to see if they were bowing the way the JL springs were and nope they are not. Ride wise I find it a bit soft granted that's compared to my CJ7 with Rancho suspension which I would politely call punishing.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the JKS 3.5” J-Spec J Kontrol system on my 2014 Unlimited Rubicon. Very high quality components and complete kit. Delivered to my door with Fox 2.0 Performance series aluminum body shocks for $1,823. I had no desire to run aftermarket control arms.

Last edited by eric5371; 09-23-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Quick Reply: most inclusive lift kit for 2013 JKU