Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

most inclusive lift kit for 2013 JKU

Old 09-21-2020, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 409 Likes on 384 Posts

IMO.. If they were required, Metal Cloak would include them in that kit. On 2.5in lifts Who? puts long arms in the kit ? I run an AEV 2.5in lift and the ride is better than stock with GC brackets (I chose Rancho vs all others GC's - Price and welded together). Just my $0.02 worth sounds like the shop is working on an installed price increase.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But once cry once. Get Metalcloak. I have their 5.5 Gamechanger and couldn’t be happier.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Just curious but wonder why nobody suggested the Mopar 2" lift kit. Comes with the front drive shaft which seems to be one of the most inclusive kits on the market. Is it the cost vs others? Or do folks hate dealers that much?
Old 09-22-2020, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The Mopar has been a variety of suppliers through the years and they command a premium. You're correct though, it can be ordered with or without the driveshaft which would make it a more inclusive kit if you needed a driveshaft.....which on 12+, it's probably a better (long term) option than exhaust spacers.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Many people think dealers are more expensive and factory parts are high priced. It seems that they didn't think about the real engineers that design and develop vehicles and accessories, the warranty, the product liabilities; after all these are costs that must be addressed. Knowing that AEV has former (retired) Mopar & Jeep accessory employees was the reason I have AEV 2.5in Dual Sport on my 2013JKU.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Niteshooter
Just curious but wonder why nobody suggested the Mopar 2" lift kit. Comes with the front drive shaft which seems to be one of the most inclusive kits on the market. Is it the cost vs others? Or do folks hate dealers that much?
because the overwhelming majority of people don’t run it. For the price of their sub par parts you can get top shelf parts. Mopar kits used to be ok, when they were made by Teraflex. But to my knowledge they’re made by junk country now. Like most companies they go to the lowest bidder. Whoever can give them the cheapest lift is who they use. When they were using Teraflex you could literally buy the exact same kit from TF for about 1/2 the price. You’re paying for the name “Mopar” and the stupid wooden box people think is so awesome. Those same people think that box is worth $400 alone. I wouldn’t buy a Mopar lift if you paid me and I especially wouldn’t but it from a dealership.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Many people think dealers are more expensive and factory parts are high priced. It seems that they didn't think about the real engineers that design and develop vehicles and accessories, the warranty, the product liabilities; after all these are costs that must be addressed. Knowing that AEV has former (retired) Mopar & Jeep accessory employees was the reason I have AEV 2.5in Dual Sport on my 2013JKU.
Sounds good but you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to design simple suspension setups. Granted, it’s not something I can do at the moment but with a little bit of learning I’m sure I can. My point is that just because they’re former Mopar engineers, doesn’t mean that their design is the best. There’s plenty of automotive engineers out there that design a good suspension system.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Your point on many can design an suspension system -- sure; however, they probably have not had the resources of the entire vehicle engineering team. I find more merit in the fact that AEV has these resources and if you go with MOPAR there is the engineering approval required to have the MOPAR brand attached to that part/kit.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Your point on many can design an suspension system -- sure; however, they probably have not had the resources of the entire vehicle engineering team. I find more merit in the fact that AEV has these resources and if you go with MOPAR there is the engineering approval required to have the MOPAR brand attached to that part/kit.
I didn’t want to say anything because I don’t like trashing people’s builds but AEV is a mid tier lift at best. Better than junk country but around the same as Rubicon Express. I know a lot of people that ran AEV and ditched it the first chance they had for MC or RK and never looked back. Just because someone was a mechanic for a Jeep dealership doesn’t mean they know anything more than anyone else. Hell I know more than 3/4 of the techs I’ve talked to. As far as the Mopar lift, right now it’s made by junk country, the absolute worst lift company out there. So your theory of engineering approval is false. They go with the lowest bidder.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:52 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by donjuan79
As far as the Mopar lift, right now it’s made by junk country
Is this fact, or word of mouth? We've known that the Mopar lifts for the JK were just rebranded versions of someone else's lift, (with a hefty surchage added, of course), but this is the first I have seen the RC name attached to these mopar suspensions. Wouldn't surprise me, just hadn't seen it stated before.

Quick Reply: most inclusive lift kit for 2013 JKU