Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Most comfortable aftermarket seats

Old 04-14-2010, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most comfortable aftermarket seats

I'm looking for recommendations on new front seats. I've seen offerings from Corbeau, Mastercraft, and Twisted Stitch. Who makes the most comfortable seats? Also am considering going with vinyl for quick drying, any thoughts?

Kevin
Old 04-17-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubi 2sday
I'm looking for recommendations on new front seats. I've seen offerings from Corbeau, Mastercraft, and Twisted Stitch. Who makes the most comfortable seats? Also am considering going with vinyl for quick drying, any thoughts?

Kevin
Ok I am in the same boat as well, I have looked at those 3 brands and a few others. Even the JC whitney ones! Is there a thread or another site to check out to get a better idea.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

The JK seats are the most comfortable Wrangler-type Jeep seats I've ever had (7 Jeeps). You could pull some out of a Cherokee or Wagoneer from a junk yard probably but most aftermarket seats, that I've seen, are thinner, harder or smaller than stock.

I damaged my driver's side cover and pulled it off the other day and remembered - man are the stock seats great looking and well built. The only reason I cover them is to protect them from mud and dirt.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im also interested in this.

Waiting for answers from those who have done it!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:11 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

well, we went with mastercraft baja rs seats and got them with lumbar support. we do a lot of long trips and we're really happy with the comfort they provide.

The following users liked this post:
RileyTN (10-30-2023)
Old 04-17-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Wayoflife, love your jeep. pretty wicked jeep

i was looking at these....they seem to get good reviews, but i am not sure...you know how they say, you get what you pay for....
hxxp://www.jcwhitney.com/buy-2-and-save-on-reclining-racing-seats/p2007299.jcwx#

they are made for jcwhitney!
and they are decently priced.

Last edited by wayoflifette; 04-17-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Please don't post clickable links to non sponsors
Old 04-17-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone looked in to the smittybuilt seats. The price is good and I like the looks.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

i also have the mastercraft baja rs seats. I have to say I do not bounce at all in them.The only problem I have with them is the back seems a bit to short maybe 2 or 3". I am 5ft 11" I am not overly tall I just wish they were a bit higher.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

is smittybilt built in the US?? I heard rumors that it was chinese made and that the tubular frame snaps on rough roads (not rock climbing or anything like that).

After reading more about the seats on JCWhitney i found out that after 2 years the foam breaks apart and the material is worn down.

So I guess I am biting the bullet on this one and getting the mastercraft ones......unless wayoflife is looking to upgrade and wants to get rid of his for dirt cheap........
Old 04-17-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great info!

I was looking at these as well. So some questions for those with baja rs seats

- Are they comfy both on and off road?

- Are they just a replacement install or a bit more involved?

Generally, i find the stock JK seats not bad. How much of an improvement are these over the stock ones?

Quick Reply: Most comfortable aftermarket seats