Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Most articulation - what matters?

Old 10-14-2010, 08:00 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bareass
but you can have both the flex and the low cog with coil overs right?
yes ....
Old 10-14-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife

yes ....
Forgot about the trackbar. Hmm.

Options options.. Money money.. Lol I really really like the coilovers now though.. The fact that I can run a lathe, mill, and weld hopefully will help me out.. Can I install the coilovers and rear resovior shocks, keep the ride height low and install the long arm kit / other suspension parts later? Or am I opening a whole new can of worms just with upgrading the shocks?
Old 10-14-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

ORE sells a long arm kit for their coil over kits. i believe you can run them short arm, and upgrade to a long arm afterwards.

my plan is to run my current setup (2.5BB with 4dr springs when i get a trackbar) and slowly upgrade everything, add the long arms, then do the front coilovers, then the rear setup as money permits.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bareass
ORE sells a long arm kit for their coil over kits. i believe you can run them short arm, and upgrade to a long arm afterwards.

my plan is to run my current setup (2.5BB with 4dr springs when i get a trackbar) and slowly upgrade everything, add the long arms, then do the front coilovers, then the rear setup as money permits.
That's true, I went the opposite path and did the coil overs with short arms first. I think WOL ran it that way as well initially and then upgraded to long arms...which is my next move just not sure whose long arms I'll run yet.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sm_rubi

That's true, I went the opposite path and did the coil overs with short arms first. I think WOL ran it that way as well initially and then upgraded to long arms...which is my next move just not sure whose long arms I'll run yet.
Hmm I think I might do it then. Also, Pluke, I like that kit a lot and I am still considering the ome lt w/ hd springs.. It'd save some money and can always swap later. but those coilovers sure are sexy.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Thought I would throw one more thing into this mix. I have the RE 3.5 superflex, and originally had shocks for the 4.5 in lift on it. Man that thing was flexy, but every time i really flexed it, the springs would fall out. Yes, literally they fell out. Longer shocks may help with articulation, but at what cost? I now have appropriately sized shocks that limit the articulation, but keep all the pieces of my jeep together!!

Last edited by superbee; 10-14-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

I would go with teraflex. I have 3inch springs and front lower and rear upper control arms and have been driving the last 20,000 miles with stock driveshafts. I think I am the rare one about the driveshafts but if you went this route I would plan on purchasing driveshafts in the future.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by superbee
Thought I would throw one more thing into this mix. I have the RE 3.5 superflex, and originally had shocks for the 4.5 in lift on it. Man that thing was flexy, but every time i really flexed it, the springs would fall out. Yes, literally they fell out. Longer shocks may help with articulation, but at what cost? I now have appropriately sized shocks that limit the articulation, but keep all the pieces of my jeep together!!
I plan on spring retainers... I looked at that re kit looks like a good deal too.. What else were you running?

RockStomper, nice rig, specs please?
Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by afdude87
I plan on spring retainers... I looked at that re kit looks like a good deal too.. What else were you running?

RockStomper, nice rig, specs please?
2007 2-Dr Wrangler X, Rescue Green
Teraflex 3 inch lift w/ Teraflex front lower and rear upper control arms
Mopar tubular Rubi rock rails
Husky floor liners
Rock Hard gas, oil, tranfer case, and evap skids
SOLID differential covers
JKS front and rear trackbars
315/70R17 BFGoodrich KO tires and stock rims
Spidex 1.5″ wheel spacers
Northridge 4×4 front swaybar links

I now have different tires than the pics.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool thanks.

By the way.. Is ome the only company that makes 'long travel' shocks?

Quick Reply: Most articulation - what matters?