Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

More HP?!?!?

Old 02-24-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More HP?!?!?

I'm looking for 20 more hp out if my jk... Here's what I have done and please know that I'm not looking to do a hemi swap. I'm stuck with the minivan motor!!

I've got the full Ripp system including headers and pulley. 5.13 gears on 37's. Everything hums but it does not get going till 3k plus.

Any ideas for the last 20???

Thx in advance.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

find a good tuner with a dyno, he should be able to get you that if not more pretty easily
Old 02-24-2014, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you have done just about all that can be done, +1 on the tune, but besides that you sound like your maxed out. Im pretty sure you can't do anything to the moter caz the 3.8 is bored out as far as it will go.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theres really nothing else to be done, other than run the smallest pulley you can and try to raise boost a bit.

Quick Reply: More HP?!?!?