Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

More flex.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More flex.

Have been in communication with rubicon express as to why I am not gettin the flex I should be out of my lift and I am being told my shocks are restricting the amount of flex and to go to shocks designed for a 4.5" lift when my lift is 3.5" and I will get much better flex. But I need to ad new brake lines which is all good and I don't mind getting new shocks either mine are worn pretty good. Here is the question and only thing I am concerned with at this time as I have already cover all other bases what about the lines for the abs going to the brakes. Can u get an extension for those when u are running larger lifts or what happens there so that u don't break that line because even when I had my 2.5" lift in the front that line was tight at full flex. So how do I make it so that line will flexx enough to
Old 08-18-2012, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bump. ......
Old 08-18-2012, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good question!!! Bump!!

Joe
Old 08-18-2012, 04:57 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull the ABS line out of all its little connections if you haven't already. It's gives you quite a bit of slack. Haven't had a problem with mine. I have not heard of anyone needing to extend them.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

You shouldn't have issues if you cut the zip tie mounts that hold the abs/brake lines off. I would look into extending your breather axle tubes (probably an inch or two) if you haven't already as those are prone to come off with more flex.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:47 PM
JK Jedi

Like MTG has stated, you can disconnect the abs wire at the retainer places and re-install the wire causing it be lengthened. Here are a couple pics to show you. The first pic is where you disconnect it in the front of the axle, The second pic is where you reconnect it it toward the back of the axle. The mounting tab needs to also be bent upward some so the wire clears the axle shaft u-joint.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1951054043.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	355769   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-185128679.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	355770  

Last edited by Absolute; 08-18-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Quick Reply: More flex.