Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

More ARB Diff Cover troubles

Old 07-11-2008, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More ARB Diff Cover troubles

I was finally goin got change out my stock covers (front and back) with ARB covers that I've had in my posession for a few months.

Turns out they don't fit. I have a Rancho 3" lift which apparently only included springs and shocks. The track bar and control arms are still stock.

Anyway - the ARB covers touch the track bar so if I wheel it, I will likely damage one or the other.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:24 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
I was finally goin got change out my stock covers (front and back) with ARB covers that I've had in my posession for a few months.

Turns out they don't fit. I have a Rancho 3" lift which apparently only included springs and shocks. The track bar and control arms are still stock.

Anyway - the ARB covers touch the track bar so if I wheel it, I will likely damage one or the other.

are you sure that the factory track bar won't clear the cover? being that you didn't install new lower control arms, i would think that everything should still be in place and that it would clear. or, are you saying that you already installed them and they make contact?
Old 07-11-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did a dry fit and the bar was actually touching the cover. I brought a friend (fellow jk owner) to get a 2nd opinion. He was surprised as well.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like you need some Riddlers

Chuck

Quick Reply: More ARB Diff Cover troubles