Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar sunbonnet 4 Dr or Bikini

Old 09-12-2007, 02:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar sunbonnet 4 Dr or Bikini

I have purchased in Europe my 2007 4 Dr Sahara with Hard top and a Mopar sunbonnet or bikini top. The top is pretty well made and fits pretty much OK but...
There supposed to be two brackets in the package to be screwed on the sport bar in order to keep the front "hard " windshiel part of the bikini horizontal . These were not in the package so the bikini front lifts a lot and does not fit as it should .I will probably have a hard time to get replacements. I am thinking of fabricating my own so if anybody has these and is kind enough to post some good pics of the brackets or help me with some measurements i ll be very glad.
Also does anybody know if Mopar has come out with a deck cover and a windjammer yet ?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Any Help? any suggestions?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 AM
JK Super Freak

My Mopar 4dr Sunbonnet required no screws and came ready to install. Could the European version be different?

Did you maybe get the one designed for someone with all the soft top rails? I bought the rails to ensure the best fit for my Mopar Sun Bonnet.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

I don t believe it is a different european version. The part number on the box says 82210544.
This is a scan of the catalogue of parts included and instructions . Missing are the parts encircled. These are supposed to keep the sunbonnet's body adapters Horizontal. it is lear on the second picture .Without them , the front part of the bikini does not keep itself in place correctly.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah that is definitely different than mine and I'm guessing it's because I ordered the one for someone WITH the softop hardware. I bought the door rails, etc because without them there's a gap that will allow water in, wind, etc.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, but since your package came with those parts missing, I'd go to your dealer and ask them to get the parts for you or if you ordered the part online I'd email the seller and explain the problem and get the pieces you're owed.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Hey thanks for the time to reply. It seems that if one has the soft top (also the door frames it fits without the brackets , otherwise (in my case with the hard top) brackets are needed. I ll give my dealer a try...
Old 07-21-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bringing this thread back from the dead because I have the same issue - missing those two brackets... Can anyone take pics of them so I can see exactly what they look like in an effort to fab something? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Mopar sunbonnet 4 Dr or Bikini