Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Rubicon Rock Rail on Unlimited X Question

Old 12-31-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Rubicon Rock Rail on Unlimited X Question

Hey Everyone,

Quick question for you, I am looking at buying a used set of Rubicon Unlimited Rock Rails. I was looking at these mounting directions and found that it said that you need what looks like a little tab to mount the rails. Can anyone tell me if I actually need this part if so, how much is it? The reason I ask is that it doesnt come with the mounting hardware and the rest of the stuff I can get from the hardware store.

The part I am talking about is labeled "D" in the diagram. Thanks!
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/75747.pdf
Old 12-31-2011, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That tab is what the bolts go into. Look under your Jeep mine were already there
Old 12-31-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Yup, you need those tabs in order for the bolts to screw securely in place. If not the bolts have nothing to bolt onto...
Old 12-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they call them C nuts.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did the same thing, installed some rubi rock rails on my JKU X. I was able to get the clip things at my local autozone. I think the size was M5 or M8 or something (they are metric). I had to buy the matching bolts at the same time. When you go to put the clips into the holes, I found that the rectangular looking hole was there, but the round hole for the actual bolt was covered up with a thin rubber sheet (had to poke a hole through it).

Quick Reply: Mopar Rubicon Rock Rail on Unlimited X Question