Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar/Rubicon Express 4.5″ kit

Old 10-31-2007, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered one from my dealer!!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by seal20
$3200 for the kit and that's from RE
$330 for the front CV (required for this kit)
$1000 for new gears
$2000 wheels/tires

PLUS WHO KNOWS WHAT THE INSTALL WOULD COST!

I would guess a minimum of 2K from the dealer just for the lift.

So, hypothetically you're lookin at $8500+

Who's in?????
Maybe Mopar will consider the threads that will be generated here and elsewhere and do this lift set-up right the first time.

At a reasonable price.

Some might think it is worth the $$$ to have the work warrantied.

Time will tell
Old 10-31-2007, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously, Mopar is going to make BANK on this. I think you all are underestimating one thing, that people will be able to have all this done rolled into their financing. There will be literally thousands of people who are willing to drop the extra 5-10K on a Jeep that they are already going to drop 30K plus on because it will just be a few hundred extra in payments. Will it get wheeled? Not likely. Mall Crawler? Hell yeah. But I'd bet stock in Crappler that there will be thousands of soccer moms driving these jacked up Jeeps rather than a new hummer next year. Think about it... price will be the same, this will be more unique, and Mary Jane Rotten$$$$ down the col du sac has a Hummer, and those are so yesterday... Stealerships will be installing these on at least one of their to have on the lot, at the sticker of who knows what....
Old 10-31-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by csorensen
Seriously, Mopar is going to make BANK on this. I think you all are underestimating one thing, that people will be able to have all this done rolled into their financing. There will be literally thousands of people who are willing to drop the extra 5-10K on a Jeep that they are already going to drop 30K plus on because it will just be a few hundred extra in payments. Will it get wheeled? Not likely. Mall Crawler? Hell yeah. But I'd bet stock in Crappler that there will be thousands of soccer moms driving these jacked up Jeeps rather than a new hummer next year. Think about it... price will be the same, this will be more unique, and Mary Jane Rotten$$$$ down the col du sac has a Hummer, and those are so yesterday... Stealerships will be installing these on at least one of their to have on the lot, at the sticker of who knows what....
A lot of people will not be able to find financing that's at 130% the value of the vehicle, if ANY. You generally can't finance over 110%, meaning they would have to bring the rest in as cash. When all is said and done you're looking at a $600-$700 payment on a 84 month term after dropping 3-4K on a down payment.

Good luck with that.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by csorensen
Great point about the financing. I have seen lifted Jeeps around So Cal for sale on dealers lots. They are charging about $6K for a budget boost and a pro comp wheel and tire package that might cost $1500 if you were to buy it yourself. I am guessing that the markup on this kit installed with wheels and tires from a dealer is going to be in excess of $10K to $12K.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

I've seen those 6K BBs on JKs too. I actually took my Jeep in for one of my free oil changes and was roaming around the lot when I noticed on a lifted JK where the DEALER INSTALLED the sway bar endlink on the wrong side of the sway bar! I brought it to one of their ace salesmans attention and he said "OH" and walked away. Keep in mind this was on a BUDGET BOOST, I couldn't imagine the nightmares that will come from trying to have these boobs install an advanced system like this....

Quick Reply: Mopar/Rubicon Express 4.5″ kit