Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar rock rails with body attachment

Old 03-27-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayland1985
I have the utmost respect for those of you that have no fear drilling into the body of a brand new vehicle.

Heck, my exhaust is already rotting through and she was brand new in august!
I agree...I have always said, that if an accessory doesn't bolt right on, I won't cut, chop, weld, saw, slice, dice, barbecue, deep fry, steam, or otherwise mutilate my JK to accept such accessories...but this is just me
Old 03-27-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice looking. Is it just me or should it have a couple more holes in the body to spread the force of an upward impact out a little. There are 5 holes and hey line up with the 5 welds on the plate. Going from the picture in my memory I believe purejeep uses several more. I know similar rails were very popular on TJ's... Anyone ever have problems with them that you know of? Like brian_crystal said, the plate makes these the third version of the rails to be released by Mopar all based off of the same design. I like the look alot but I'm worried about how it attaches. The Jeep logo would look sharp in Red Rock showing though the cutout in that plate.

Ty
Old 03-27-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayland1985
I have the utmost respect for those of you that have no fear drilling into the body of a brand new vehicle.

Heck, my exhaust is already rotting through and she was brand new in august!
Exhaust rotting through? It should be stainless...What kind of acid do you wash it with?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by csorensen
I would love it if they made these without the tubes.... doubt they will though.
If you like it without the tubes, check out Poison Spyder body armor for the rockers. They were $250 I believe and you can use them with or without Rubicon rails.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sgmrock
Exhaust rotting through? It should be stainless...What kind of acid do you wash it with?
Definitely not stainless.....
Old 03-28-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Those photos were from 4wdandsportutility.com, where they were doing a writeup on different Mopar accessories...I'll try and contact them to see if they can tell us where those rock rails came from.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Those rails are actually first-gen, maybe even pre-production. The current enhanced rails are not attached to the body, but are Rubi rails with tubes ( I have them). I really don't think you are going to find a set of these, that was an old article.

There are plenty of after-market options that will be better anyways
Old 03-29-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drifter dave
Those rails are actually first-gen, maybe even pre-production. The current enhanced rails are not attached to the body, but are Rubi rails with tubes ( I have them). I really don't think you are going to find a set of these, that was an old article.

Maybe the Poison Spyder but no one else is putting in styling into the plate steel that attaches to the body unless you count PJ's "PJ"
Old 03-31-2008, 09:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by drifter dave

I have the Rubi rails that I modified to add steps, and yes they are attached to the body, albeit to the pinch seam at the bottom and to the body underneath. They just don't attach to the body on the outside underneath the door.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:02 AM
JK Freak

I like them. Wonder if they are as long at the back, and come as close to the tire.
I had to trim my stock ones...

Quick Reply: Mopar rock rails with body attachment