Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Rock Bumper & Fog Lights

Old 05-20-2007, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Rock Bumper & Fog Lights

I installed the above combo without a hitch. The fog lights worked fine during daylight testing.

Tonight, I wanted to check them at darkness, both came on, then one turned off, then both off. When I turn the switch off and in a few minutes on again, both blinked on and stayed off.

These lights came with a extension harness and just plugged in, do I need a relay after all?

I was under the impression this was plug and play.

Any idea's?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Egmont
I installed the above combo without a hitch. The fog lights worked fine during daylight testing.

Tonight, I wanted to check them at darkness, both came on, then one turned off, then both off. When I turn the switch off and in a few minutes on again, both blinked on and stayed off.

These lights came with a extension harness and just plugged in, do I need a relay after all?

I was under the impression this was plug and play.

Any idea's?
Are you using the Mopar rectangular fog lights? If so, I was under the same impression. You get those and the little extensions, and they plug right up. If you are using the round driving lights, those are made for the pillar mount and are 55 watt. They will be too much for your the fog light hook ups.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Are you using the Mopar rectangular fog lights? If so, I was under the same impression. You get those and the little extensions, and they plug right up.
snip>>>
Yes I am using the rectangular lights with the extensions.

One always shuts off after a second and it is not a loose wire.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Junkie

Yeah, I don't get that. Have you checked to see what watt bulbs are in the lights?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Yeah, I don't get that. Have you checked to see what watt bulbs are in the lights?
No I did not, I assume these lights are from Mopar for this Jeep, they should work.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Come on guys, help me out here.

Just now I tested again, engine off, all lights work, engine running, only one fog light works.

Quick Reply: Mopar Rock Bumper & Fog Lights