Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar performance 2"lift

Old 06-08-2012, 02:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought i red awhile back...Mopar lift is actually the Rubicon Express kit...I will find out tomorrow going
to a local show here a my dealer...Rubicon Express will be there...Actually was thinking of doing a BB 2" lift
with a set of 35"...They have a wicked Procomp package ready to be put on...Keep you informed...
Old 06-08-2012, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by valenciajku
Do you already have this lift? Do you feel like you could fit it?
No I don't yet - I just started looking at it two days ago, my birthday's coming up soon
Old 06-09-2012, 04:23 AM
JK Newbie

My Jeep had this lift on it when I bought it. I think it has a great feel to it. Love the way it drives. I test drove some others and they felt pretty sloppy. I have done some research on here and I don't recall reading any complaints. Good luck!
Old 06-09-2012, 04:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure the mopar kits are great but I have always heard your paying at least 40% more. I think people figure since it's mopar it won't void my warranty? That isn't true though, I've read mopar or not, if it causes the problem it's not covered.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

I had this kit installed by the dealer on my '11 Rubicon prior to delivery. It was pricey, but I rolled it into the total cost of the Jeep. I'm pretty happy with it, especially the warranty. On my last two Wranglers, I ran a Skyjacker 2in kit on one ('98 Wrangler) and a 2.5 in OME on the other ('02 Wrangler). I rate the the Mopar and OME kits about even. The shocks that came with the Skyjacker kit were a bit harsh.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TJM12
I'm sure the mopar kits are great but I have always heard your paying at least 40% more. I think people figure since it's mopar it won't void my warranty? That isn't true though, I've read mopar or not, if it causes the problem it's not covered.
I asked my dealer's service manager about that. He said if they sell the parts and do the install my warranty stays in tact. I have a feeling that this is one of those things that varies from dealer to dealer even though it should be a corporate policy one way or the other.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rule18

I asked my dealer's service manager about that. He said if they sell the parts and do the install my warranty stays in tact. I have a feeling that this is one of those things that varies from dealer to dealer even though it should be a corporate policy one way or the other.
I'd make sure to get it in writing in case they deny any claims
Old 07-26-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Atch
Bro, I don't even walk into the place without getting it writing anymore...
Old 07-26-2012, 01:53 PM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have it on my '10 2 door, and it the ride is very stiff. My dealer said the new lifts were going to switch to AEV. Upon hearing that I would say just get the AEV lift, if that is true.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atch
I read through the entire warranty book that came with the rig, particularly the lifetime powertrain warranty section. According to the wording there, the warranty is intact as long as it is MOPAR parts and installed by the stealer. It's going to cost a grip over any other kits (especially when you consider labor costs from the stealer), but if you plan on having the rig for a long time, it may be worth it.

Quick Reply: Mopar performance 2"lift