Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Offroad Bumper

Old 03-03-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I never got any measurements, but I eyeballed it pretty good. I measured it several ways and came out within a 1/16. The final results.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by roketman
Well I never got any measurements, but I eyeballed it pretty good. I measured it several ways and came out within a 1/16. The final results.
Great job considering nobody would help you out with measurements.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by doc307
Great job considering nobody would help you out with measurements.
x2 - That does look good considering the help!! Must be the rocket background coming into play.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

There are more than just holes. On the driver's side, there are 3 holes plus an elevated chanel that a tab on the carrier slides under. On the passenger side there is the hole for the pin and a stop welded on there. (post for first gen and a 3/4" block for 2nd gen)

I can take pics tomorrow if you'd like. You are half way there. It would be much cheaper to simply buy the carrier and mod your current bumper.

As far as the tailgate rattle, I have a suggestion for a short term fix... Wrap a little bit of black electrical tape around the gate striker plate. (not sure if that's the correct name, but it's the piece mounted to the tub, not the gate) That fixed my rear door rattle so I tried it on my tail gate after I mounted the 35" tires and worked like a charm again. May sound cheesy, but do a search. It has worked for several people on their doors.

~~~

EDIT: LOL I did not even notice page 2 with the update. Nice work. LOL

Last edited by shredX; 03-03-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

I have all the holes drilled. I made a stop with a spacer and a Grade 8 bolt. I eyeballed the 3 holes where the pin goes and the pin fits super tight. No more tailgate rattle. I adjusted the spare to hit the Daystar Spare Tire Bumpers that were already installed. This thing is tight. It was probably better that I drilled the holes because I didn't allow for any slop. I'm real happy the way that it turned out.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roketman, Looks like it turned out very nice. Great job !!

Quick Reply: Mopar Offroad Bumper