Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar off road bumper

Old 05-18-2011, 03:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar off road bumper

Forgive the newbie question...new to this whole thing. I want to replace my stock front bumper with Mopar off road bumper. Is this a hard thing to do or super easy? Do I need a professional?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:08 AM
JK Freak

It's not difficult if you have a decent set of wrenches and sockets. It may take you an hour if you go nice and slow.

But why Mopar? There are a LOT of bumpers out there for money that are a lot beefier and better looking for the same money. Take a look before you buy. Check out north ridge and quadratech and 4wd.com then make a decision.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with Mopar, but play a little on the sites before you jump into it.

He named just a few of the many sites to choose from.

Also, install is easy on most bumpers. Buy a case of beer and invite a buddy to help out. That way you can bolt up while he is holding in place. OR... Drink the beer and watch your buddy install LOL

Last edited by Hskr4x4; 05-18-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine with Mopar bucks when I bought the Jeep and got the winch one and also put a winch on. It took about 3 hours with hand tools and taking my time. It is not really hard, just a few tight areas to tighten up my winch. If you aren't doing a winch probably an hour and a half. Just remember to hit the old one a couple times with a rubber mallet if it won't come loose!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome info guys thanks...I will def check out other options. ARBs are looking pretty sweet and Rock hards...
Old 05-18-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is not difficult at all, you need a 18mm deep socket, and a 15mm deep socket. Have a friend help. The bumper has weight, its safer to have someone there as you place the bolts in place.

It's a well made bumper, definitely recommended.

Shop around you can get it really cheap.

It took me 2 hours to remove the plastic one and install the off road one.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's a very nice bumper. Well made and easy to install. Definitely shop around and look for a discount coupon from the dealer. I got mine with fog light holes for $430.

Quick Reply: Mopar off road bumper