Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Lockers (Add ON and/or By-pass)

Old 04-21-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Lockers (Add ON and/or By-pass)

With some help from a friend I simplified the mopar wiring diagram for the electric lockers.
(Im putting d44 in my X)

This will allow you to engage/disingage the lockers in:

4LO
4HI
2HI

Switch #1 should be placed out of reach. Only the driver can access it, so no one will engage the lockers on: icy, pavement, curvy roads

CAUTION: SWITCH #1 SHOULD BE OFF WHEN THE JEEP ISN'T RUNNING!
(too much hassle to run power from the engine on thing... )

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lockerswitchs2.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	8178  
Old 04-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! I was thinking it would be great to figure out a way to only get power to a locker switch when the t-case was in 4WD. Any suggestions out there?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Nice! I was thinking it would be great to figure out a way to only get power to a locker switch when the t-case was in 4WD. Any suggestions out there?
what a friend quoted me, regarding the attached image

This is easy. Do you know where this module is? There are two ways of doing this.....

1) If you have a switch on the dash, you must find the yellow / light blue wire (front locker) and the yellow / tan wire (rear locker) and give them a ground through a switch. Now I dont know if thay module will turn off the lockers when you go to fast. I think it may. If thats the case, go to this....

2) Find the purple / dark blue wire (front locker) and the purple / light green wire (rear locker) and put a switch to each of these wires seperatly. The other end of the switch to ground. This will bypass the electronics, supply ground to the relay which controls the locker and activate it.

Hope that helps...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lockerswitch.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	8180  
Old 04-21-2008, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

OH crap i thing i misinterpreted your querstion... why do u want power to the switch when the t-case is in 4wd?

you can open all the plastics around it and find the wire that sends the signal to ur dashboard... use that supply to activate a relay instead of a switch...
Old 04-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Boy
OH crap i thing i misinterpreted your querstion... why do u want power to the switch when the t-case is in 4wd?

you can open all the plastics around it and find the wire that sends the signal to ur dashboard... use that supply to activate a relay instead of a switch...
Mostly so that my front locker doesn't get activated or left on at the wrong time. Sound good, I'll see what I can short out this weekend.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe rather than wiring directly to the battery it could just be wired into a power source where the ignition controlls the power. Maybe use the above diagram and wire into the cigarette lighter?
Old 04-21-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Littlejon
Maybe rather than wiring directly to the battery it could just be wired into a power source where the ignition controlls the power. Maybe use the above diagram and wire into the cigarette lighter?
your cigarrete lighter has 25 amps :S WOW! and 16gauge wire? hmmm...

kinda pain of the a$$ to do it to the ignition control... jks are a lil bit different... cant even use the radio power...

Quick Reply: Mopar Lockers (Add ON and/or By-pass)