Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Lift Warranty…just an FYI

Old 11-07-2013, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Lift Warranty…just an FYI

This hyper link PDF should put to rest any disinformation out there about what is covered and what is not covered under the Mopar Lift warranty.

Its about as straight forward as it gets.

http://www.mopar.com/assets/pdf/lift...y_wrangler.pdf

I talked to a Jeep rep at the number at the bottom of the attached. The rep said that if i buy this kit I would have to add a steering stabilizer
and a adjustable front tracking bar. He told me to call Teraflex and inquire whey they are not included.
He also said that the adjustable front tracking bar and steering stabilizer are included in the 2" kit.

This conversation and what I read in the warranty PDF was enough for me to take a huge pass on buying and having either Mopar lift installed.
I sure appreciated his honesty.

This also completely solidified my decision to move forward with all AEV suspension components either in the 2.5" or most likely the 3.5" with Duratrac 35" tires

Cheers,

Big Dave

Last edited by BILLET SILVER; 11-07-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly.

The factory warranty only covers factory parts that are not damaged by abuse or the installation/use of aftermarket parts.

Mopar Performance parts are no different than any other aftermarket parts--they are not covered by the factory warranty.

Just the same as with other aftermarket parts, if they are incorrectly installed or their use causes failure of factory parts, the factory warranty won't cover those specific factory parts.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by planman
Exactly.

The factory warranty only covers factory parts that are not damaged by abuse or the installation/use of aftermarket parts.

Mopar Performance parts are no different than any other aftermarket parts--they are not covered by the factory warranty.

Just the same as with other aftermarket parts, if they are incorrectly installed or their use causes failure of factory parts, the factory warranty won't cover those specific factory parts.

Yep, agreed Planman, just kept reading posts about this Mopar warranty thing if you get your lift installed by your dealer……..had to put that baby to bed.

Cheers,

Big Dave
Old 11-07-2013, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been researching lifts for a couple of months now. I've looked at a lot of manufacturers, not all of them, but a lot.

I never really considered the Mopar one because of what you also found here. Plus, it seems like you are paying for a "name" rather than quality.

I still like what Rock Krawler has to offer. Looking at the 2.5" Max Travel.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I purchased the unlimited warranty and had then write the lift into the warranty since they installed it and it was a Mopar lift
Old 11-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorbak
I purchased the unlimited warranty and had then write the lift into the warranty since they installed it and it was a Mopar lift
The dealer cannot obligate Chrysler to cover non-Chrysler parts.

Just like any other 4x4 shop, the dealer warranted their labor, and the manufacturer of the lift warrantees their products.

If you take it to a different dealer for warranty work, that dealer will not cover non-Chrysler parts because Chrysler won't reimburse them.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Insightful post. Thanks.....

Quick Reply: Mopar Lift Warranty…just an FYI