Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MOPAR Lift

Old 05-27-2011, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willisma
thanks for all the feedback.

the parts manager and a service salesman at southern chrysler dealer in chesapeake, va both stated that a lift won't necessarily void the warranty...the only way it would be an issue is if there was damage to the drivetrain that was directly linked to the lift. so, they recommended that i don't go "over the top" with it. they did give me a quote on a 2.5" suspension lift...$1500, which i realize is pretty steep for that size, so i'm looking at some of the local shops.

that being said, if i choose to get a lift at a local shop (probably 2.5"), would i have to immediately switch out the wheels/tires, or could i essentially do each modification one at a time? if i want to buy the lift first, would i need spacers for the stock rims/tires? i have the 18" gladiators that came stock on my sahara. just trying to spread out the cost a little bit...

thanks again!
You can get a 2.5 Teraflex w/shocks for about 700 and install yourself.
It's not hard as I just went through the same thing you are in now. Got Approval from dealer and went out and shopped and got the lift, quick disconnects, (5) BFG KM2 285/75/16 with pro comp wheels series 7089 (4.5" backspacing). All for under $2500. I added a Assie Front Locker after.
Pick up a ProCal after its done ( sets your sterring wheel, TPMS system and tire size) for $150.
This set up(and many others) will minimize stress to your Jeep and maximize your fun!
You can do this in stages also as the JK will run 33's stock or you can run the stock tires on the lift. Many diff combos you can choose from.

Last edited by raddadd; 05-27-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the only way I would get the mopar lift was if I was buying a new Jeep and that was being installed and included in the financing.

Quick Reply: MOPAR Lift