Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MOPAR Fuel Door

Old 10-19-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After hearing the concerns with the movement of the Mopar door, I opted for the rugged ridge locking door. GLAD I did, it went on in 5 minutes no need to remove the origional parts just screwed the new dorr to the origional plastic housing with the door open and then close and lock it to conceal the mounting screws. Overall quality is just as good as the mopar part just no JEEP logo.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by aldaman
Yup, there is a tiny hole in the JK body where that pin goes thru which prevents the fuel door cover from spinning...Mine does not move at all....

Same here, mine is rock solid.

So to the people who have problems with it rotating, are you sure you properly positioned the locator pin?
Old 10-19-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't notice any rotation but I will check tomorrow. I haen't had any problems with it though.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default Check your nipple

Hello everybody just installed my JEEP FACTORY FUEL DOOR no problems at all.

i did noticed the alligment rubber nipple on the fuel door frame in center left side that needs to go in the little hole in the jeep body. if not it might not be flush and wobble.

Hope that helps. Bill
Old 01-06-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Hi. I'm a new Jeep owner and realize this is an old thread, but am wondering if anyone knows if the Mopar Fuel Door is compatible with the Bushwacker TrailArmor Rear Corner Guards? Thanks!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Not sure if I got a slightly different version of the fuel door. But mine has been on my truck for close to 2 years now and I haven't noticed any movement or problems with it.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed mine a few months ago, I can't move it if it try.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is an old thread... However I noticed today when I stopped at a dealer with an Artic Edition and MW3 Edition that the newer Black fuel doors are actually different.. Just the mounting portion of the housing!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

I have a jeep door on my 12 and ruggid ridge on my 09.

No problem on either moving... Rugged ridge is a bit bigger and rugged looking.

I like the jeep one better because I did not have to drill anything and it does not spin at all, those had to be installed incorrectly or it may be for the wrong jeep.

Is there a difference in 2 & 4 door caps? they may have different location pins if there are.

Quick Reply: MOPAR Fuel Door