Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MOPAR Fuel Door

Old 10-17-2008, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed one this morning and cut my fingers in the process. The sheetmetal was sharp while I fished my fingers attempting to remove the original plastic case.
Overall a moderately simple install, but man what a pain in the a## to get that original piece off. Could not reach the plastic retainer clips on the inside part. Killed my fingers, LOL. I do thank everyone on the board for all the help, because the instructions were sad.

I love the door and it fits relatively snug with no shifting. Just don't like the chrome srews; you would think that MOPAR would supply flat black srews?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they have a locater pin to reduce twisting but mine had a little play moving side to side.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting the Rugged Ridge one because it is under $40. I decided to go this route after seeing the price for the Mopar one, holy crap!

If you have a locking gas cap I would strongly recommend getting a fuel door cover for it. I had a locking gas cap on my TJ and during the winter I would get ice covering up the key hole on it and it became a HUGE hassle to get the ice off of it and 'unfreeze' it to get the cap off!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Just checked - my Mopar Door doesn't rotate.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default double sided emblem tape

remove your fuel door assembly and run a length of double-sided emblem tape around the back side edge before reinstalling it. this acts as a gasket that also when adhering the door to the panel will keep the finish from wearing off.....
Old 10-18-2008, 04:38 AM
JK Junkie

Mine moves and their is a gap at the top now.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is no way my Mopar door is moving. I had to jam that thing in against the Bushwackers. I thought it wasn't going to fit. I have absolutely no clearance between the two. I'm sure it'll rub into the fender flares one day, but after 3000 miles, nothing yet.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:52 PM
JK Freak

Just went out to check mine for sure, but it doesn 't move at all. I had a local shop install along with several other things. I don't know what they did to keep it from moving, but it is tight.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:55 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by porters
I think they have a locater pin to reduce twisting but mine had a little play moving side to side.
Yup, there is a tiny hole in the JK body where that pin goes thru which prevents the fuel door cover from spinning...Mine does not move at all....
Old 10-19-2008, 06:02 AM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

I put mine on earlier this year, but haven't noticed any movement with it.

Quick Reply: MOPAR Fuel Door