Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MOPAR Fuel Door

Old 09-19-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOPAR Fuel Door

Anyone have a problem with this item??? I read the write-up and had no problem with installation however after I had put the tailight back on I realized that the entire "housing" seemed to shift about an 1/8 in back and forth. I made sure the seal was on correctly and all of the detents are behind the metal... . Just wondered if anyone else encountered this problem or if I goofed up the install somehow....
Old 09-19-2008, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine also moves

Last edited by Web's-Jeep; 09-19-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I understand you to say that the fuel door housing is shifting, not the taillight housing. Anyway, yes, I never even noticed it, but my fuel door housing does have a slight rotation to it. It's been on there since early last year without issue, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

mine does the same, but only if i move it when fueling, it stays put otherwise.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

that's a lot of cash for a fuel door just to say jeep. I would expect that it didn't move at all! You know what I mean? I am a picky person..... just a small rattle and I want to fix it. How could "mopar" make a part that dosen't fit for their main compadre? I wonder if the Rugged Ridge or another company has the same "gap?" Either way I didn't get what I paid for...
Old 09-19-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yall that say it's only when you are fueling actually grab it and try to rotate it cc and see if it moves? maybe it is that wimpy a$$ piece that sticks out on the LH side to align it properly.......
Old 09-19-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by bake13b
that's a lot of cash for a fuel door just to say jeep. I would expect that it didn't move at all! You know what I mean? I am a picky person..... just a small rattle and I want to fix it. How could "mopar" make a part that dosen't fit for their main compadre? I wonder if the Rugged Ridge or another company has the same "gap?" Either way I didn't get what I paid for...
Hmm. I don't have a gap, and I don't have a rattle. The fuel door housing, when rotated with a gentle force, will move about 1/8". That's because the screws, when tightened, don't compress the inside and outside parts sufficiently hard to prevent the rotation. And the holes that the screws pass through aren't so close in tolerance as to prevent slight rotation. But, no gap, no rattle. Yeah, if I had that I'd wonder too about the product.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

well I cannot notice a gap or rattle..... however I know that it moves and that in the long run it could cause wear on the paint?? How so ever slight it may seen I am picky...... You know?
Old 09-19-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

My best guess is that after a bit of riding that the scratches will appear from N to S from the 1/8 L to R movement..... Agreed?
Old 09-19-2008, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine also moves

Quick Reply: MOPAR Fuel Door