Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar front bumper with a winch?

Old 03-04-2007, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar front bumper with a winch?

Any one using the Mopar off-road front bumper with the winch mount yet? What winch are you using or going to be using?

I have both the front and rear bumpers sitting in my garage just begging to be installed. I was planning on getting a Superwinch EPi 9.0 winch. Found them on Amazon for a smoking deal. But looking at and measuring the front bumper I discovered that the winch is offset to the driver side about 2 1/2 inches. The dimensions for the winch clearance on each side of the fair-lead are 8 1/8 inches on the left (motor) side and 5 1/2 inches on the right (clutch) side.

They clearly make it with these dimensions for Warn winches which is what Mopar sells. Just about any Warn winch will fit right in there.

But the Superwinch is a little more "centered" in its dimensions. The left side of the EP series is 7 1/8 inches and the right side is 6 5/16 inches. It may still fit if the top of the right side is lower than 6 inches which is the height of the bumper top plate above the winch mount. I'll be calling Superwinch in the morning.

Last edited by jdrogers; 03-05-2007 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:36 PM
JK Junkie

Let me know what you find out. I have both bumpers that I'm waiting to pick up an I had thought about using the Superwinch also.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK, I called Superwinch and the cover piece on right side of the winch (the part that extends to the right from the free spool clutch handle) is about 5 3/4 inches above the mounting deck. So the winch should fit on the Mopar bumper just fine. About an inch of this cover will be under the upper deck of the bumper.

Time to order my winch...
Old 03-05-2007, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default warn

truck addons.com warn xd9000i delivered 788.00 fits perfect no brainer.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zeeksta
truck addons.com warn xd9000i delivered 788.00 fits perfect no brainer.
True, or one can go with the Superwinch EP 9.0 and save $259. And with $259 extra I can go with synthetic winch line.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

sounds like a good deal.... they are made near me somewhere in ct...
never even thought about getting one. too late now!!!, ill have to suffer with my warn. they sure are reasonable though....
Old 03-05-2007, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zeeksta
sounds like a good deal.... they are made near me somewhere in ct...
I haven't found anyone saying anything bad about them. Apparently they are the second largest winch manufacturer in the world. Very popular on other vehicles. Seems like a good value. Time will tell!

I found lots of people that will say "Just go Warn" but then cannot really say why... And I can find many stories of failed Warn winches, which makes sense since they sell so many. Anything can fail for some reason or another.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Hey Jd, where did you sayn that you are getting the Superwinch from?

Quick Reply: Mopar front bumper with a winch?