Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MOPAR front bumper with integrated factory light holes

Old 05-11-2009, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crush cans

Originally Posted by jawsk2
I really like that bumper.
I'm thinking about getting it, cutting off the crush cans and painting it to match my silver sahara.
i'm leaving crush cans on to protect my rollers in the rare event i hit something flat.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's the pic showing the shackels with the wire in place.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	d rings.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	23958  
Old 05-11-2009, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

I was looking for a pic of the 1st edition Mopar bumper with the non-factory fogs in it. Part # 82209880.

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

adamisadam, how do you like the Hi-Lift mount? I'm thinking of getting it for mine.
-Nathan
Old 05-11-2009, 10:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mainejeeper
adamisadam, how do you like the Hi-Lift mount? I'm thinking of getting it for mine.
-Nathan
It's home made. I bought the clamps from a special clamp company. I posted about it here somewhere and put pics of the install on my home page. I only put the jack there when I'm wheeling, but I'm leaving the clamps on all summer just to cut down on the potential for scratching.

It worked great. I put the jack on before I drove 200 miles each way to/from Rausch. When I park for the night, I put a bike like through the jack and around the bull bar, just for piece of mind.

The jack didn't move at all during the off roading. I spent about $30 in materials, maybe $35. I like how beefy looking the new Hi-Lift clamps are, but at $90+ shipping, i wanted to try this first. But I can certainly see how their price climbed up to that point when just my clamps were nearly $15 each, plus I then needed wing nuts and a flat piece of metal on each to go over the aluminum curved adjusting part.

I offered to review one of them for Hi-Lift for JPFreek.com, the magazine I write for, but didn't hear back yet.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions yet.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by d0wnShifT

I like this route with the d-ring shackles. Does anyone know what was put in the holes here where the plastic cover would secure to? Are these the PureJeep shackle mounts?

What is the purpose of the crush can and would I screw anything up by cutting them off? Thanks everyone!
Old 05-12-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Junkie

I'm not sure, but I've seen this done before and was considering it myself. I think that's just one of those rounded head bolts, like what's used on swing sets, and painted black. The D rings are part of that modular bumper system I believe.

The crush cans are just to absorb some of the impact. Some guys like them as parking protection for your winch in case someone bumps you while parallel parking or somthing like that.

I will say this, I'll be watching the thread, so please post your findings.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

I sent a PM to the user that did this. He hasn't logged in since mid-April, so we'll see if I get a response. I'll let you know.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by db99wj
I like that front bumper. It has a nice clean look. This site is killing me, I got to figure out how to finance all this in to my note so the wife doesn't find out how much I actually spent on mods!
That's the story of my life right there......
Old 05-12-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got my JK in February and had this bumper installed by the dealer. It is available now and it is great. Fog lamp location is perfect.
The skid plate is extra.
I got a Warn 9.5ti that fits VERY snugly inside - front of winch is up against the bumper. No room to fit a winch cover in there.

Quick Reply: MOPAR front bumper with integrated factory light holes