Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MOPAR front bumper with integrated factory light holes

Old 04-08-2009, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great! Thanks for the guidance.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered mine from the local dealer. I told him I had found it online for 528.30 (includes the winch mount and light holes). He told me there was practically no mark up when sold for $560. I said, Ok, I'll buy it online... in the end, he sold it to me for $545 and I won't have to pay the $40 to ship it. Sounds good to me!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by csorensen
Here's how:

PureJeep shackle mounts, just cut of the crush cans and throw the plastic Madonna cones away.

in all seriousness, I have the crush cans still in my garage, and if you really wanted them to be replaced (I can't imagine why) I'd send them to you. You'd need to tack weld them on, and get new covers from a stealer or someone else on the forum. I already sent my plastic covers to someone else.
X2 im building my own shackle mounts. does pure jeep use 1/2" plate? also would you mind giving me the rough dimensions for them so i know how much steel i need? thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Here is the non-fog light winch bumper installed (AND BEDLINED!)

Does anyone have a picture with the Mopar fogs installed that is part number 82209880? I've seen both a big round fog and a smaller "bullet" shaped light. The online Mopar site doesn't have a photo of this part number (of course) and I'm not sure if I want to buy it.

To anyone that has purchased that part number, did that include the mounting hardware? I already have the wiring harness extender. Thanks.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Default mopar bumper

Originally Posted by bobzinger

Does anyone have a picture with the Mopar fogs installed that is part number 82209880? I've seen both a big round fog and a smaller "bullet" shaped light. The online Mopar site doesn't have a photo of this part number (of course) and I'm not sure if I want to buy it.

To anyone that has purchased that part number, did that include the mounting hardware? I already have the wiring harness extender. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 jeep wrangler front bumper.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	23956

here's the bumper
Old 05-11-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bobzinger

Here's mine:

and

Old 05-11-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Default Dude, where's my shackle?

Originally Posted by DtownJK
Here is a shot of the rear bumper:

3/4" D-Ring fits:
i just ordered some hi dollar shackels, but one of the features is they have locking pins to prevent them from backing out - which it appears yours are doing??? best tighten them up before you lose them!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
i just ordered some hi dollar shackels, but one of the features is they have locking pins to prevent them from backing out - which it appears yours are doing??? best tighten them up before you lose them!
That's why I always take some stiff wire and simply wrap it through the bolt and then around the loop. Loosely, just to prevent it form backing out. this way I don't have to tighten the bolts down so hard that when I need to get them out while in 3' of mud, it's easy to do. Also, I put grease on the threads first. This is the same concept that racers use when putting safety wire through nearly every nut and bolt on their cars. I'm not sure I have a close up pic handy. But I actually have two shackels sitting right next to me that I could photograph if someone really needs me to.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Default Mopar rear bumper with tire carrier

Mopar rear bumper with tire carrier

Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 Jeep Wrangler tail view.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	23957
Old 05-11-2009, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
I had not installed them yet I was just posting that the 3/4" d-rings pin fit through the hole. The original Mopar mount holes only took the 5/8" pins and now Mopar has changed them.

But I do check them every few days on the front and rear because they do come loose. I like the idea of the pins.

Quick Reply: MOPAR front bumper with integrated factory light holes