Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MOPAR front bumper with integrated factory light holes

Old 03-24-2009, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hunterbug
hello all,

If you install the mopar off-road bumper do you have to remove it again to put the winch in?

Thanks to all who reply

HunterBug
I was told "yes" to that. I didn't install mine, the dealer did. They actually did it THREE times because they kept getting the wrong part! It didn't take them very long at all, for what that's worth.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This thing seem as durrable as the aftermarket ones? The price is right and I love the styling, just want to make sure it's substance as well as style.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Junkie

mine seems sturdy. I would recommend it.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Answer to the question on removing the bumper to install the winch, is yes, but it's really not that big of a deal.

Question for someone running the new bumper with fog light holes, can you do a measurement of how far off center the bumper begins to angle at? I love the location of the fog lights, but I don't think there is enough room on mine to do that (I have the original without cutouts). I can't tell because I haven't seen a good side by side pic, but it seems that they widened out the flat/straight part of the bumper to accommodate the lights. Also, can someone take pics of how the stock fogs mount? I'm just trying to figure out how to get my stock fogs back in the bumper, I sorely miss them.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
mine seems sturdy. I would recommend it.
I'm curious is it's as durrable as say an Arb or other aftermarket. I get a pretty decent discount on this through MOPAR and like the looks, just want function as well as form.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:58 AM
JK Junkie

I'll try to take measurments later. I'll take pics of behine too. It's a factory mount setup. if you're going to do it custom, that's gonna be a pain. I'm not sure.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:28 AM
JK Super Freak

anybody know how to replace the crush can and hook cover ??? i busted mine up yesterday on the trail.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's how:

PureJeep shackle mounts, just cut of the crush cans and throw the plastic Madonna cones away.

in all seriousness, I have the crush cans still in my garage, and if you really wanted them to be replaced (I can't imagine why) I'd send them to you. You'd need to tack weld them on, and get new covers from a stealer or someone else on the forum. I already sent my plastic covers to someone else.
The following users liked this post:
jdarQoh (03-23-2024)
Old 04-07-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been reading the instalation manual online before I buy this bumper. The directions state "Install Winch Using the Hardware Provided in the Winch Kit". Is a winch plate/kit needed with this bumper? I'd hate to order my Mopar bumper, Warn M8000 winch and then find that I didn't have all the parts I needed to mount the winch.
-Nathan
Old 04-08-2009, 02:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mainejeeper
I've been reading the instalation manual online before I buy this bumper. The directions state "Install Winch Using the Hardware Provided in the Winch Kit". Is a winch plate/kit needed with this bumper? I'd hate to order my Mopar bumper, Warn M8000 winch and then find that I didn't have all the parts I needed to mount the winch.
-Nathan
I installed that exact setup a few weeks ago and didn't need any hardware in a 'Winch Kit'. I believe the kit they are referring to is the 'Winch Kit' sold by Mopar, which is just the Warn winch and what it comes with.

The mounting hardware I needed was included in the M8000 box.

Some tips: As the instructions say, tighten down all the bumper hardware and the crush can hardware before you secure the winch, helps being able to slide it side to side to have more finger room.

I ordered the M8000 with a Hawse fairlead. Mount that so the heads of the bolts are inside the bumper. If the nuts are on the inside, they will prevent the winch holes from lining up.

Install is pretty straight forward really. Have fun.

Quick Reply: MOPAR front bumper with integrated factory light holes