Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails vs. Rubicon Rails?

Old 06-06-2008, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails vs. Rubicon Rails?

So what is the difference in functional strength between the "Mopar Enhanced" rock rails and the Rubicon rails?

I know that the enhanced ones are a tubular design and cost almost twice as much, but is that an aesthetic change or do the tubes make these stronger?
Old 06-07-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the enhanced one's. Basically they are the stock Rubicon rails with a tube bar step welded to them. Same mounting points and all.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dr.dirty
the tube doesnt make them stronger......
I would probably disagree with that. Now, I doubt it would make them too much stronger, but it is added metal that's welded and ties in the length of the rail, it would have to add a little strength, probably not much, but at least a small amount.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

i like the way on the new ones, ther is aflat upper steel section that looks like it goes against the body. I would love to get a part number on the new rails as to do my very own comparison. Thanks JOE>
Old 06-07-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

When you reinforce a piece of tubing into another, it does make it stronger by support. It’s not going to dent any less without, but will make it structurally stronger and should not bend as easy.

I say this because I have the enhanced rails and my passenger rear tire fell into a washout and the rails saved my entire Jeep. They supported the right side. Without them, I would have been in the body shop. The stock rubi ones are strong; but they become structurally stronger when reinforced. Also more protection from shopping carts.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RocksHurt
When you reinforce a piece of tubing into another, it does make it stronger by support. It’s not going to dent any less without, but will make it structurally stronger and should not bend as easy.

I say this because I have the enhanced rails and my passenger rear tire fell into a washout and the rails saved my entire Jeep. They supported the right side. Without them, I would have been in the body shop. The stock rubi ones are strong; but they become structurally stronger when reinforced. Also more protection from shopping carts.
That was what I was thinking.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks so much for the great info on these. I think what I will do is sell my stock Rubi rails and pick up the enhanced ones.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dr.dirty
youd save alot of money if you knew somone who has a tube bended and a welder a good fabricator can make a set in about 2 hrs
X2 This is basically all the enhanced ones are. If you know someone or can do this yourself, the most expensive thing is getting them powder coated again.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Stock rubi sliders are junk, I've already pushed mine up into my rockers. Rocker was pushed up a little as well as losing some paint. Buy some quality ones that bolt to your frame, a.k.a. Poison Spyder etc.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default rubi rails

I think you'll save a lot of money if you make your own enhanced rubi rails, plus you can put your own personal touch. I made mine for about $70 bucks.to say that their junk is a bit much maybe you got yourself in a reall bad situation. there is nothing undistructable.

Quick Reply: Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails vs. Rubicon Rails?