Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails question.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the enhanced rails too and they work fine as a step. Had body armor rocker guards on the TJ, same basic concept. These work great, offer decent protection, and no ground clearance is lost...
Old 03-02-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for all the responses, definately interested in them. Another question, and I should have posted it in the first one. But, how are they for clearance with 2.5" coil lift and running 35's? I know reading about the regular Rubicon rock rails that some of you have had problems with some rubbing on the rear if I remember right.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stelter
Thanks guys for all the responses, definately interested in them. Another question, and I should have posted it in the first one. But, how are they for clearance with 2.5" coil lift and running 35's? I know reading about the regular Rubicon rock rails that some of you have had problems with some rubbing on the rear if I remember right.
I personally have not had this problem because I am still running 32 inch stock rubi tires but it looks like you may have to trim off an inch of the rail in order to run 35s. This is what I plan to do when I put on 35s and if it rubs. Anything less than 35 and this would be a non-issue.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:33 AM
JK Super Freak

The enhanced rails are the same length as normal Rubi rails.

I have 35" tires and did not need to trim. The wheel moves back in the wheel well as the tire stuffs.

I think these are useless as a step. If your jeep is too high, then the rails will be too high. My wife hates getting into my Jeep.

If you want a step, consider something where the step is lower. I thinkMBRP has a rail with a removable step.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:34 AM
JK Newbie

If you cut the rails down you would still have the pinch seam to deal with, rails only stick out about a 1/4 inch beyond the pinch seem and with the smooth plastic end cap allow for the wheel to slide by if it contacts them ( which on my 2010 Rubi it did a few times) with out the rails it would be the pinch seam slicing the tire up.

Quick Reply: Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails question.