Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails question.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails question.

Well this is my first post, but its gonna come in the form of a question. For those of you that have the enhanced rock rails, my question is how do they hold up as a step to get into the JK. Girlfriend is on the shorter side and its gonna be an issue when I put a lift and tires on it. I really like the looks of the enhanced rails, but just want them to hold up to constant use (cause they sure as hell aren't cheap). Could I stand on them (I'm 200lbs) to wipe down the top and they wouldn't start 'sagging' over time? My Jeep is a 2dr btw.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the forum

Some rock rails can be used also as a side step.
For example: The Rubicon stock rock rails can't be used as a side step, but the RRC side armor (Rugged Ridge) can.

Some are very solid (for heavy rock crawling, others are more fragile (like mine)

Here's my choice: RRC side armor (frame bolted)

I have young kids, and that's why I bought this model

https://www.jk-forum.com/picture.php...ictureid=17927

Last edited by Yoda; 03-01-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the MOPAR anhanced rails on my Unlimited. They can be used as a step but not really good for this. They only extend out about 5" from the body so it is a little narrow. I just use it to stand on when putting the top up/down. Otherwise, I step over it.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:07 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the enhanced Rubi rails. I use them to wipe down the top, etc and I weight 200lbs too. As posted, they aren't really good for a step as are the same level as the body of the JK and don't hang down any.

Get your lady a small stool or just lift her up and consider it part of your workout!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:58 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have em, they won't sag, but they're not the best for a step, don't stick out far enough.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the responses guys! Maybe just wait till I can see in person a few of the different options. Won't be lifting for awhile, so when that happens I will just have to throw her in it.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the mopar enhanced rails and they will not sag. I freqeuntly use to stand on and I weigh well over 200. However, They do not stick out very far and are not designed as a step. If you GF is slight with very small feet she may be able to use it as a step. I keep a step stool in my Jeep to put down for anyone who has trouble. You may want to go this route.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Gen-right makes a it to add rails and a step for around $200.00 . It's the Slider Bar Kit, 4 Dr JK. I don't think I can post their link . But look them up
Old 03-01-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Default mopar rock rails

my girlfriend and 1 both use the rails to get into the jeep. buy some grab bars so you can pull yourself up. she has a little more touble with heals since it's only a toe hold not a foot 'step'. the rails slide great on rocks too - which is the main purpose
Old 03-01-2010, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the mopar enhanced and I and the girlfriend both use them as steps. Have a 5" and 37"s now so she has to pull herself in more now than before but still uses them for assitance.

Quick Reply: Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails question.