Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Big Brake kit install...need help

Old 11-28-2015, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Big Brake kit install...need help

I am attempting to install the new brake booster, master cylinder and reservoir part #P5160050 and there is no electrical connection on the new booster where the vacuum hose attaches. On the pic the new booster is on the left. Can I take the piece off the old one and put it on the new booster? Is it universal like that? Super frustrated as I've already taken it all apart and don't want to just put the old one back in because of this. After I install this I was going to install the P5160050 (rotors, Pistons pads etc)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4288860151.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	502.8 KB
ID:	631146  
Old 11-28-2015, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

I pulled off the one one the old booster and put it on the new one. Hope it works
Old 11-28-2015, 01:15 PM
JK Junkie

Did you watch the TF install video on YouTube?
Old 11-28-2015, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

I watched the BCB YouTube video. But that one also didn't have the electrical connection. I pulled the vacuum hose price out of the old one and outfit in the new one so I think I'll be ok. Just was not mentioned or included in the instructions. My guess is the 2012+ booster is different than 07-11

Quick Reply: Mopar Big Brake kit install...need help