Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar 4" Lift Inputs

Old 06-18-2016, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll

You'll want to make sure you're looking at the latest Mopar Lifts. They've been completely re-designed by Mopar where they used to be sourced from TF. All the new Mopar lifts include FOX shocks. The P/N for the 4in lift is 77072353, so you'll want to confirm that P/N matches what you're looking at. The 4in Mopar lift is a very complete kit. It can be found for $1,850.

Here's all the info from the Mopar catalog, it's using cam relocation bolts and replacement Lower control arms for caster correction. It comes in that cool crate as well. I got the Mopar 2in lift since that is plenty for 35's, paid $750. The only reasons to get the 4in is for looks or if you're planning to go to 37's or larger tires.
That is a good looking kit. Is teraflex still making it for them?
Old 06-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 208 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
That is a good looking kit. Is teraflex still making it for them?
I don't believe they are, it's all Mopar from my understanding, aside from the shocks which is obvious. The Fox shocks actual have Mopar branded on them as well. The only additional thing that I see would likely be needed is an adjustable front track bar.

This statement by Mopar in regards to the driveshaft tends to elude to the kit not being sourced by TF if you read between the lines.

Originally Posted by Mopar
Q: Why do we need a driveshaft in the kit?

A: When the 3.6 engine was introduced, (2012) the exhaust routing ran the pipe directly under the front driveshaft. When a lift is installed, the driveshaft is lowered, hence it will rub on the exhaust pipe when the suspension drops away from the vehicle. This causes the protective boot on the driveshaft to wear and eventually tear apart, allowing contaminants to leak into the boot and causing the driveshaft slip feature to eventually fail. So far, aftermarket companies have made short spacers to lower the exhaust to fix the problem, but this is untested for emissions and looks like a poor solution. Previously (with the TF kits) we have used a limit strap to prevent the axle from dropping down too far, and while this will work, a flexible suspension ought to be flexible; the limit strap restricts flexibility. We address this problem the best way with a new, smaller diameter shaft, but it is more expensive. The cheaper kits let the driveshaft hit and don't address the issue satisfactorily

Last edited by Rednroll; 06-18-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Birdog
pic of yours?
From last month, probably go 37s by next wheeling season.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-198691643.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	547.7 KB
ID:	650103  
Old 06-19-2016, 03:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does a guy get into other potential problems with going with the 4" Mopar kit?

it looks pretty complete but I'm a noob...
Old 06-19-2016, 03:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Does a guy get into other potential problems with going with the 4" Mopar kit?

it looks pretty complete but I'm a noob...
Its a good kit actually...I would definitely get an adjustable front track bar because you're axle will be shifted to the driver side noticeably.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rednroll

I don't believe they are, it's all Mopar from my understanding, aside from the shocks which is obvious. The Fox shocks actual have Mopar branded on them as well. The only additional thing that I see would likely be needed is an adjustable front track bar.

This statement by Mopar in regards to the driveshaft tends to elude to the kit not being sourced by TF if you read between the lines.
I see what you're saying...it does hint towards that.

Add an adjustable front from your company of choice and it's a done deal.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Also...I'm not feeling the cam bolts for the front arms. I would get a cam bolts eliminator kit from TF and you will be good.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Also...I'm not feeling the cam bolts for the front arms. I would get a cam bolts eliminator kit from TF and you will be good.
If he doesn't want cam bolts, then he would want to get something like the AEV geo correction brackets or adjustable front lower control arms. A Cam bolt eliminator kit is used if you already installed cam bolts, since to install a cam bolt the control arm axle mount needs to be ground/cut. To avoid the grinding/cutting of the bracket you get Geo brackets or longer/adjustable LCA's.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have pics of the 4" lift with 35s on a JKU?

trying to get an idea if this is the look I want.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Anyone have pics of the 4" lift with 35s on a JKU?

trying to get an idea if this is the look I want.
I posted this link earlier. It's a discussion on the 4in lift and there are some pics others have posted with 35's and the 4in lift.
The new mopar 4" lift kit - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Quick Reply: Mopar 4" Lift Inputs