Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar 4" Lift Inputs

Old 06-18-2016, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also been told that 2" with 35s will rub under flex while wheeling?

Anyone running the 4" that could post some pics?
Old 06-18-2016, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdog
Also been told that 2" with 35s will rub under flex while wheeling? Anyone running the 4" that could post some pics?
You don't need a 4" for 35s. It will look way too tall for the tire size. Just trim/push back your pinch seam. Plus you will run into driveshaft issues and steering issues. You'll be in for about $1000-$1500 extra just in steering and driveshaft upgrades
Old 06-18-2016, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 208 Likes on 182 Posts

Also been told that 2" with 35s will rub under flex while wheeling?
It depends on the 2in lift you're looking at. The Mopar lift is a complete suspension lift and it is actually closer to being a 3in lift. Most have reported 3.0in lift in the front and 2.5in in the rear. There are plenty running the Mopar 2in lift with 35's without flex rubbing. That's what I'll be running very soon Mopar 2in with 35's.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some pics from others who installed 35's with the Mopar 2in lift.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the pics...I'm torn between these two lifts!

I'm overseas and return to take possession of it 14 July.

I Gotta get get this figured out soon!

hoping someone posts some pics of the Mopar 4" lift w/35s!!!
Old 06-18-2016, 11:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what type of potential issues does moving to 4" get me into?
If it's that 77072353 kit I wouldn't see it as an issue. That's a very complete kit to lift that height. Thanks for the link red n roll, searches turned up some very different and older kits.

With control arms and high steer, the front driveline is a great touch. New rear driveline would be pretty sweet. But, 4" on 35s is still pretty tall. I'm running 3.5" coils on 35s, my next set will be 37s. As it sits my jeep is pretty tall for the tires on it but I have so much clearance in the rocks it almost never touches at all. With 37s and the 3.5" I'll be very happy with how it does. My Jeep is not my dd, but we have a bunch of really rocky trails and handling is very important. I still need to be able to drive home on the highway after a long day in the rocks. The kit you're looking at is good for that.

No matter what, go with what you want, and post pics!
Old 06-18-2016, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560
If it's that 77072353 kit I wouldn't see it as an issue. That's a very complete kit to lift that height. Thanks for the link red n roll, searches turned up some very different and older kits.

With control arms and high steer, the front driveline is a great touch. New rear driveline would be pretty sweet. But, 4" on 35s is still pretty tall. I'm running 3.5" coils on 35s, my next set will be 37s. As it sits my jeep is pretty tall for the tires on it but I have so much clearance in the rocks it almost never touches at all. With 37s and the 3.5" I'll be very happy with how it does. My Jeep is not my dd, but we have a bunch of really rocky trails and handling is very important. I still need to be able to drive home on the highway after a long day in the rocks. The kit you're looking at is good for that.

No matter what, go with what you want, and post pics!
pic of yours?
Old 06-18-2016, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
That's hard to believe...5" from a 2" ?
The 5" is the total from the lift plus tires. No chance of getting that just from the lift itself.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the pics...I'm torn between these two lifts!

I'm overseas and return to take possession of it 14 July.

I Gotta get get this figured out soon!

hoping someone posts some pics of the Mopar 4" lift w/35s!!!
Like mentioned the Mopar 4in kit is a very complete kit, so most of the concerns typically going that high have been addressed within the Mopar kit. Personally, that's why I prefer Mopar since it seems they include everything to make sure it's up to OEM standards. The typical concerns regarding a 4in lift is in proper geometry correction and drive-shaft angle increase. Seeing as though the latest Mopar 4in kit includes a new drive-shaft, lower control arm replacements, high steer correction kit, etc, everything seems to have been addressed. Originally, when this 4in came out there were some reported issues but Mopar has fixed whatever issues it had since then. Go for it, if that's what you want.

Personally, I feel there is such a thing as going too high and I had planned to go as big as 35's only and not any bigger. The lower to the ground you sit, the more stable your rig is, better likelihood of keeping the dirty side down like it is supposed to be. However, some like the additional clearance and wow factor of going to 4in and higher. Myself and others are in the camp of give me just enough lift that is needed to clear the tires since that is the main purpose in getting a lift. Additionally, your costs and repairs also start going up exponentially when you hit that 4in height and 37in or bigger tires.

There is a discussion over here with some pics of the 4in lift with 35's.
The new mopar 4" lift kit - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Old 06-18-2016, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rrprop

The 5" is the total from the lift plus tires. No chance of getting that just from the lift itself.
Ok...I was figuring that but it sounded like he described it as all from the lift.

Quick Reply: Mopar 4" Lift Inputs