Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar 4" Lift Inputs

Old 06-17-2016, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar 4" Lift Inputs

Gents - picking up a 2016 JKU Rubi in a couple weeks after returning from overseas.

I am going to run 35s so I'm contemplating the Mopar 2 or 4" lift dealer installed.

No major wheeling just occasional light off-roading.

I cant find many reviews of the 4"...anyone out there have this lift and willing to chime in with their experience with it? Likes, dislikes, etc...any and all inputs welcomed.

Thank you.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:17 AM
JK Newbie

I went back and forth on the 4" and 2" and ended up going with the 2". I just had it installed Tuesday on a 2016 JKU. I'm running 35" KM2's and netted just about 5" of height. I used the cam bolts because this Jeep is strictly for every day use and the ride is much better than stock. I drive on the interstate every day for work and it has perfect road manners. I've heard some complaints about the 4" and driving 65+mph. You'll be more than happy with the 2" Mopar.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Birdog
Gents - picking up a 2016 JKU Rubi in a couple weeks after returning from overseas. I am going to run 35s so I'm contemplating the Mopar 2 or 4" lift dealer installed. No major wheeling just occasional light off-roading. I cant find many reviews of the 4"...anyone out there have this lift and willing to chime in with their experience with it? Likes, dislikes, etc...any and all inputs welcomed. Thank you.
2" is plenty for 35s. 4" will be more problems than you're asking for in a dd. I know someone who made that mistake once, me.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rrprop
I went back and forth on the 4" and 2" and ended up going with the 2". I just had it installed Tuesday on a 2016 JKU. I'm running 35" KM2's and netted just about 5" of height. I used the cam bolts because this Jeep is strictly for every day use and the ride is much better than stock. I drive on the interstate every day for work and it has perfect road manners. I've heard some complaints about the 4" and driving 65+mph. You'll be more than happy with the 2" Mopar.
That's hard to believe...5" from a 2" ?
Old 06-18-2016, 04:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdog
Gents - picking up a 2016 JKU Rubi in a couple weeks after returning from overseas.

I am going to run 35s so I'm contemplating the Mopar 2 or 4" lift dealer installed.

No major wheeling just occasional light off-roading.

I cant find many reviews of the 4"...anyone out there have this lift and willing to chime in with their experience with it? Likes, dislikes, etc...any and all inputs welcomed.

Thank you.
I have a 4" Evo lift and 37's. I nett3d about 4 3/4" and my 4 door is light...no armor or winch

Go with the 4 - looks better and you'll wish you did.

Also absolutely fine for a DD
Old 06-18-2016, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 208 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
That's hard to believe...5" from a 2" ?
I questioned that in another discussion as well. He's including the additional height of the larger tires. He got about 3in from the lift and 2in from the tires for a total of 5in.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wondering how 4" works fine on a dd with no caster or driveline correction, not to mention high steer to help with the highway feel on corners and overpasses with bumps.

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong mopar kit. Unless that $2.5 k kit is what is being mentioned? Looks like teraflex
Old 06-18-2016, 06:49 AM
JK Junkie

Agree the 2" is more 2.5-3" and plenty for 35's.
4" is way too much height.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 208 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by sa29560
I'm wondering how 4" works fine on a dd with no caster or driveline correction, not to mention high steer to help with the highway feel on corners and overpasses with bumps.

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong mopar kit. Unless that $2.5 k kit is what is being mentioned? Looks like teraflex
You'll want to make sure you're looking at the latest Mopar Lifts. They've been completely re-designed by Mopar where they used to be sourced from TF. All the new Mopar lifts include FOX shocks. The P/N for the 4in lift is 77072353, so you'll want to confirm that P/N matches what you're looking at. The 4in Mopar lift is a very complete kit. It can be found for $1,850.

Here's all the info from the Mopar catalog, it's using cam relocation bolts and replacement Lower control arms for caster correction. It comes in that cool crate as well. I got the Mopar 2in lift since that is plenty for 35's, paid $750. The only reasons to get the 4in is for looks or if you're planning to go to 37's or larger tires.

Last edited by Rednroll; 06-18-2016 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560
2" is plenty for 35s. 4" will be more problems than you're asking for in a dd. I know someone who made that mistake once, me.
what type of potential issues does moving to 4" get me into?

Quick Reply: Mopar 4" Lift Inputs