Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MOPAR 2" lift as recommended by Dealer (Does not VOID warrantee)

Old 02-02-2011, 03:07 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Markdsv
so I need to add the following ?

Trackbar + stabilizer
set of lower adjustable control arms
Do I need to change my pitman arm?
What about brake line extension brackets?
anything else?
Open the FAQ's stickied to the top of this modified area. In the Suspension section, you will find the 'recommended' components for various lift heights. Note that the TF 2.5" coils will put your unlimited right at 3" actual lift height.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do not need or should do a drop pitman for a 2.5" lift. Our 2.5" kits include rear brake line extension brackets.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually my dealer recommended me a Teraflex lift. They installed it and it does not void my warrantee... They are also willing to install me a CAI, TBS and Sprint Booster... They will also re-gear it... I love this dealer. These guys will just empty all my pockets
Old 02-02-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Default Lift

It's the Dealer that Can stand behind the Morpar lift not Chrysler. Chrysler will not void warranty of other parts when their lift is installed by the Dealer. So if lift fails it's you and the Dealer 5yrs 36000 miles. Anything else it's Chrysler 5yrs 36000 miles. The Dealer can warrant the lift any way they want or not at all it's up to the Dealer. The Dealer can sell the lift for about $1275.00

Last edited by 4 Jeep Family; 02-02-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Thank you for all your reply's, I am thinking about going for a TeraFlex 2.5" lift this time, next is shipping it to Brunei.

Any suggestions on the shipping weight of the kit?

Cheers,

Mark
Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by GentlemanFarmer
Actually my dealer recommended me a Teraflex lift. They installed it and it does not void my warrantee... They are also willing to install me a CAI, TBS and Sprint Booster... They will also re-gear it... I love this dealer. These guys will just empty all my pockets
I hate to break it to you but your dealer lied to you. They may service and repair what they install, but they cannot force Chrysler to do the same. Do yourself a favor and get your dealer to put something in writing. It won't help you against Chrysler, but it might help you against the dealer should something bad happen down the road.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by 4 Jeep Family
Chrysler will not void warranty of other parts when their lift is installed by the Dealer.
I'm not calling you out, but I believe this information is incorrect. The lift is considered a Mopar Performance Part. Damage caused to OEM parts by Mopar Performance parts is expressly NOT covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Sorry for the blurry screenshot, but I think Mopar's own Performance Parts Catalog explains the warranty (or lack thereof) the best.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-999462701.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	124063  

Last edited by Sharkey; 02-02-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is C&P'd directly from Mopars Performance catalog. Page 2, terms & conditions.

"NO PARTS WARRANTY – “AS IS”
Mopar Performance parts beginning with a “P” prefix are sold “as is” unless otherwise noted. This means that parts sold by Mopar Performance carry no warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fit for the general purpose for which it was sold). The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle’s warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle’s warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle’s warranty."
Old 02-03-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Markdsv
I have been searching the forum but cannot find much about the MOPAR 2" lift (apart from it being expensive at 1599$) However looking at the lift kit, I get everything in need to lift my 2010 4dr Sahara, giving it much better offroad performance without compromising on its onroad performance, right?

So any thoughts on installing a MOPAR lift (the good, bad and ugly)? I like that the lift is OME and doesn't VOID the warrantee (allegedly) I will be running 305-70-R16's Yokohama's on Procom's.

I like the 2.5" TeraFlex lift as well but the kit at Q doesn't come with all I need so probably will spend in the end the same as a MOPAR lift....
I used the Mopar lift when I did my JKUR build. What would you like to know?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the mopar lift installed by the dealer thinking it would be warrentied. But guess what after 13 months the stabilizer went and the stealer wanted $400 to replace a 50 dollar stabilizer as the 12 month parts only warrenty expired. Do yourself a favor and save a ton of money which you can put towards new tires

Quick Reply: MOPAR 2" lift as recommended by Dealer (Does not VOID warrantee)