Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MOPAR 2" lift as recommended by Dealer (Does not VOID warrantee)

Old 02-02-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOPAR 2" lift as recommended by Dealer (Does not VOID warrantee)

I have been searching the forum but cannot find much about the MOPAR 2" lift (apart from it being expensive at 1599$) However looking at the lift kit, I get everything in need to lift my 2010 4dr Sahara, giving it much better offroad performance without compromising on its onroad performance, right?

So any thoughts on installing a MOPAR lift (the good, bad and ugly)? I like that the lift is OME and doesn't VOID the warrantee (allegedly) I will be running 305-70-R16's Yokohama's on Procom's.

I like the 2.5" TeraFlex lift as well but the kit at Q doesn't come with all I need so probably will spend in the end the same as a MOPAR lift....
Old 02-02-2011, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Are you allowed to install the lift to maintain warranty or does it have to be installed by the dealer? I know when I had my F-250 the back up lights I wanted had to be installed "professionally" to maintain the warranty.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Markdsv
I have been searching the forum but cannot find much about the MOPAR 2" lift (apart from it being expensive at 1599$) However looking at the lift kit, I get everything in need to lift my 2010 4dr Sahara, giving it much better offroad performance without compromising on its onroad performance, right?

So any thoughts on installing a MOPAR lift (the good, bad and ugly)? I like that the lift is OME and doesn't VOID the warrantee (allegedly) I will be running 305-70-R16's Yokohama's on Procom's.

I like the 2.5" TeraFlex lift as well but the kit at Q doesn't come with all I need so probably will spend in the end the same as a MOPAR lift....
what else do u need for the teraflex lift ?????
Old 02-02-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Huge upcharge.

Is your dealer giving you something in writing, from the factory, that says a lift will not void the warranty? Or will the 'dealership' give you a piece of paper stating that you get a 1-year parts only warranty? I am guessing it is the latter. Which means you pay all labor if there is problem with the lift. And if there is a problem with a non-lift component that fails because of the lift, they can still point at the lift and tell you to go pound sand.

So IF they are actually offering to cover it under the full factory warranty, it may be worth the price. Since I am guessing that is not the case, you would be much better off with an aftermarket lift and installing yourself.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Markdsv

You can easily add a TeraFlex trackbar/stabilizer and a set of front lower adj. control arms. Looking at the MOPAR kit, it seems to use cam bolts, which is really a bad idea.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

Their charging you $1599 for 4 pucks and shocks? That's like $1000 just for labor. You can get the RE lift, they make the Mopar lift, for under $600. There are plenty of other puck lifts that you can get for well under $300. Any lift install could void the warranty, but they have to show that the lift caused the failure.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Over priced with had parts. RUN!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Camo
Are you allowed to install the lift to maintain warranty or does it have to be installed by the dealer? I know when I had my F-250 the back up lights I wanted had to be installed "professionally" to maintain the warranty.
It is the only lift the dealer is willing to install.........so it is professionally installed hence considerations can be made incase of a failure. thank you for your comments !
Old 02-02-2011, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

your best off with the teraflex 2.5 with shocks. only like 650 and comes with all ya need
Old 02-02-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
You can easily add a TeraFlex trackbar/stabilizer and a set of front lower adj. control arms. Looking at the MOPAR kit, it seems to use cam bolts, which is really a bad idea.
Thank you for your comments, I am an engineer so I can install the lift myself as well. I am not impressed with my RE lift on my TJ as it keeps on eating bushings. The Teraflex 2.5" lift seems to get very good reviews for the 4dr unlimited and I am considering this.

I have a good relationship with Quadratec hence i would be buying the 2.5" Teraflex lift through them, so I need to add the following ?

Trackbar + stabilizer
set of lower adjustable control arms
Do I need to change my pitman arm?
What about brake line extension brackets?
anything else?

Cheers,

Mark

Quick Reply: MOPAR 2" lift as recommended by Dealer (Does not VOID warrantee)