Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is the Mopar 2" Lift really a rebranded Superlift 4" Lift?

Old 04-06-2010, 01:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Mopar 2" Lift really a rebranded Superlift 4" Lift?

Is the Mopar 2" Lift really a rebranded Superlift 4" Lift?
I'm just curious, how does 2" = 4" ?
And seems like there is a bit of a difference regarding the components?
I can see the coils, swaybar end links and track bar look similar, but what bout the rest, like the steering stabiliser etc?

Mopar 2" Lift

Superlift 4" Lift
Old 04-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mopar lifts where rebranded RE lifts when they first came out for the JK. not 100% positive now but I havent heard anything to say differently yet.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Mopar lifts where rebranded RE lifts when they first came out for the JK. not 100% positive now but I havent heard anything to say differently yet.
That's the truth right there.. The 4.5" lift is still precisely the same as the RE 4.5" LA kit + DS's..
I know originally Mopar also offered a rebranded smaller RE lift, but apparently they've switched over to Superlift.. I dono.. I'm just curious to know whats going on
Haha just my perpetual quest to know more about JK's I guess
Old 04-06-2010, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

yes it is. i did quite a bit of reasearch on that lift and decided money would be better spent else were. i am not a fan of superlift stuff and the dealer will warrenty my ome lift just the same as the mopar i mean super lift. if you look back through my post history you will find a thread i started on this lift with more details. good luck
Old 04-08-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, the use Superlift springs and Bilstein 5100s. I love my Superlift, execpt for the shocks. Ths springs have not bowed at all after 12,000 or so miles and all the bolts have been staying tight, etc. One thing though, the Superlift kit comes with cam bolts. I would never ever use cam bolts on the JK. Invest in lower cotnrol arms, whether they be long or short. Either way, I would never use cam bolts.

Quick Reply: Is the Mopar 2" Lift really a rebranded Superlift 4" Lift?