Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar 2" Lift Kit -- Driveshaft Issues

Old 10-13-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Nice to hear the mopar lift flexes so well, helps justify it's price tag some.
While shocks that are too long for the lift may help with the flex, you may also run into problems with brake lines and abs wires ripping off the frame, coils unseating and falling out, breather tubes popping off and filling the axles up with water and mud, over-compression damaging the shocks, and as the OP mentioned, of course, busted drive shafts.

My guess is that most of the people having the dealer install a lift wouldn't think about anything other than "Dealer Install = Warranty", and when it's time for that warranty work, the dealer points at the little blurb saying 'aftermarket parts are not covered by warranty, where's your checkbook...'
Old 10-13-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems pretty extreme for a 2" lift! If it's a Mopar 2" or a Superlift 4". . . how much lift did you actually get out of it? I'm curious. . .
Old 10-13-2009, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
Nice to hear the mopar lift flexes so well, helps justify it's price tag some.

I tore the boot on my front driveshaft with tera's 2.5" BB. Went with a 1310 aftermarket. Teraflex's ds works.
It's definitely flexy. I'll eventually get a 1310 aftermarket too. Either a Woods or a TF or a Front Range Drive Line.

Originally Posted by sjak
Seems pretty extreme for a 2" lift! If it's a Mopar 2" or a Superlift 4". . . how much lift did you actually get out of it? I'm curious. . .
I didn't think to measure the gap between the wheel and the fender flare. I did measure the bumpers. If I remember correctly, the front bumper came up about 4" while the rear bumper came up about 1". The AEV and 9.5ti only knocked about 1/2" off the front measurement.

The best part is this press release I read today from Mopar:

We will discuss and reinforce the fact that only Mopar parts and accessories are specifically designed, engineered, and quality-tested for our products. By using Mopar parts and accessories, our customers will enjoy the added benefits of ease-of-installation, safety, a high-quality fit and finish, and a full warranty.
Designed? Engineered? Quality-tested? Warrantied?

Quick Reply: Mopar 2" Lift Kit -- Driveshaft Issues