Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar 2" lift - Is all this necessary?

Old 04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

color me stupid, but would you HAVE to use the cam bolts?
I imagine that most people getting this kit would have the dealer install it, and wouldn't know anything about the bolts. But no, it is highly recommended (on this site anyway) that you do not install them. If the steering is too flighty, get a set of adj front control arms.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
I imagine that most people getting this kit would have the dealer install it, and wouldn't know anything about the bolts. But no, it is highly recommended (on this site anyway) that you do not install them. If the steering is too flighty, get a set of adj front control arms.
right....
but with a 2" lift... any aftermarket adjustable front uppers are usually TOO LONG, when adjusted to the shortest they can go. (from what i hear).

i'm just curious why they would have cam bolts on a 2 inch lift...?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

besides the track bar, what's so great about this kit. honestly what?
Paying for the name (and the assumed warranty coverage?) As was mentioned earlier, you could get a better kit with adj arms, no cams, no relo's - for less.

but with a 2" lift... any aftermarket adjustable front uppers are usually TOO LONG
Is this 'really' a 2 inch kit??
I know my 2" lift gave me 3 1/2. Does anyone have a 2" coil lift that actually gave 2 inches?
And even if it does only give 2, just add spacers until you can use an adj CA.

Last edited by nthinuf; 04-02-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Default Just wanted to comment about your 2 inch lift.

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Paying for the name (and the assumed warranty coverage?) As was mentioned earlier, you could get a better kit with adj arms, no cams, no relo's - for less.

Is this 'really' a 2 inch kit??
I know my 2" lift gave me 3 1/2. Does anyone have a 2" coil lift that actually gave 2 inches?
And even if it does only give 2, just add spacers until you can use an adj CA.
I know that this reply is years late but I wanted to let you know that I just had a 2 inch Mopar lift installed on my JKU and it added 3 1/2 inches as well. The only upgrades beside this lift I've done so far is add a set of smittlybilt rock rails and upgrade my stock tires to duratracs. You probably know why? So why 3 3 1/2 inches?
Old 03-04-2016, 12:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2 years later and lots of playing, I still am very happy with this lift. And even with all of the armor, bumpers and such my 2" is around 2.5" actual lift. I added a 1.25" body lift over that, and I'm soon going from factory 32" Willys/Rubicon tires to 37" STT Pro tires. She rides wonderfully, flexes very well and makes me very happy. I love her!
Old 03-04-2016, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by larry0071
2 years later and lots of playing, I still am very happy with this lift. And even with all of the armor, bumpers and such my 2" is around 2.5" actual lift. I added a 1.25" body lift over that, and I'm soon going from factory 32" Willys/Rubicon tires to 37" STT Pro tires. She rides wonderfully, flexes very well and makes me very happy. I love her!
Here is a pic of my Sahara with the 2'inch lift.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sara Lifted.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	639634  
Old 03-04-2016, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Mine with the 2" Mopar Stage 2 and 1.25" Teraflex body lift.

Its getting a ProRock 44 and 37" rubber here really soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 Willys.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	639635
Old 03-04-2016, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Mine with the 2" Mopar Stage 2 and 1.25" Teraflex body lift.

Its getting a ProRock 44 and 37" rubber here really soon.

Attachment 639635
Great looking Jeep. How do you like those BF MT's?
Old 03-04-2016, 07:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cheyenneken
Great looking Jeep. How do you like those BF MT's?
Honestly, I love them long time

I have just over 12,000 miles on them and I'd guess that they are 75-80% remaining. They don't wear bad at all. They don't make much sound on the road, they don't cup, they are smooth on the roads and they stick to rocks very well. I've run them at 18 psi many times in the rocks of Rausch Creek and they have not chunked or cut in the tread area, the sidewalls have some gouges in the outer layer, but I had the dealership look at them (I paid $500 for the wheel and tire warranty) and they said that it was superficial damage to the outer rubber and does not need the tires replaced... yet. If they made these exact tires in a 37", I'd be ordering a set! I like the looks, ride, comfort, traction... everything about them. And I can totally believe the guys getting 50 and 60K miles out of them. At 12,000 miles I bet I have consumed 20% of the depth, that's it. But.... I am going to 37"x13.5"-18 Cooper STT Pro tires here in the next month or two. I can't say enough about how pleased I am with these BFG tires.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Honestly, I love them long time

I have just over 12,000 miles on them and I'd guess that they are 75-80% remaining. They don't wear bad at all. They don't make much sound on the road, they don't cup, they are smooth on the roads and they stick to rocks very well. I've run them at 18 psi many times in the rocks of Rausch Creek and they have not chunked or cut in the tread area, the sidewalls have some gouges in the outer layer, but I had the dealership look at them (I paid $500 for the wheel and tire warranty) and they said that it was superficial damage to the outer rubber and does not need the tires replaced... yet. If they made these exact tires in a 37", I'd be ordering a set! I like the looks, ride, comfort, traction... everything about them. And I can totally believe the guys getting 50 and 60K miles out of them. At 12,000 miles I bet I have consumed 20% of the depth, that's it. But.... I am going to 37"x13.5"-18 Cooper STT Pro tires here in the next month or two. I can't say enough about how pleased I am with these BFG tires.
Thanks, good to know. I'm convinced.

Quick Reply: Mopar 2" lift - Is all this necessary?