Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar 1/2 door assembly video?

Old 07-30-2015, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar 1/2 door assembly video?

My 1/2 doors finally came in yesterday. Picking them up today. I've been looking for an assembly video with no luck.
Anyone with a link or with any experience in putting these together would be appreciated.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

There isn't a video that I've ever seen but putting them together is pretty easy. I separated the pieces into two piles and put the two doors together simultaneously just mirroring what I did on each side. I don't recall anything being too tough, just be sure to get your key cylinders keyed before you look at the install because they go in very early.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
...just be sure to get your key cylinders keyed before you look at the install because they go in very early.
Very good point. I picked up the boxes at my dealer today... came home, took just the doors, hinges and bolts to my painter...all the way BACK across town... only to discover that the doors were for the rear of a JKU. It appears that everything else is for the front doors including the instructions... just packaged the wrong freaking doors. I've been waiting 6 weeks!!!

Did you have the painter adjust your door hinges before painting them?

I read in the instructions that if you have power door locks you have to "replace the 2-way connector with the supplied 10-way connector." Is this just an unplug and replug or are there wires that need to be cut etc...?

Thanks,
SP
Old 07-30-2015, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

I actually reused the original hinges on the half doors and they take some adjustment after you put them on the jeep to get them right. I used blue painter's tape in the torx bolt heads as to avoid chipping the paint when I was adjusting them.

To your question on the harness- I put these together for a 2010 with no options so I had the 2 wire harness coming out of the jeep and I installed the supplied 2 wire harness. The 10 pin harness went into the trash bin.

I had a friend stationed overseas who left his jeep with me and he sent parts. After I got all of the parts installed then I shipped it over to him. It's back stateside now. No pics because the forum doesn't like uploads from my phone.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
To your question on the harness- I put these together for a 2010 with no options so I had the 2 wire harness coming out of the jeep and I installed the supplied 2 wire harness. The 10 pin harness went into the trash bin.
So... if his Jeep didn't have any options, what did you even need the wires for?

I was wondering... I can get the new half door locks re-keyed to match my full doors... but what about the electric locks, activated by the key(s)? How is that matching accomplished?

Thanks,
SP
Old 07-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

I don't know that the power locks will work unless you put the actuators in there. Obviously without any options on my friend's jeep, there were no actuators to be installed. Your electronic lock/ key will tell the jeep's computer that your jeep is allowed to be opened so the alarm won't go crazy on you.

The two wires on his doors were quite literally just a "signal" to tell the jeep if the door is open or closed. I've got the same two wires on my full doors (zero options here as well).
Old 07-30-2015, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeepsareus sells the actuators and harness for putting electric locks on half doors

This is the link they provided me when I asked the same question.

http://www.jeepsareus.com/jeep-wrang...lectric-locks/

Hope this helps
Old 07-31-2015, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Broncorif
Jeepsareus sells the actuators and harness for putting electric locks on half doors

This is the link they provided me when I asked the same question.

http://www.jeepsareus.com/jeep-wrang...lectric-locks/

Hope this helps
Quadratec has these, the cost for both doors are $211. I think I'll just lock them manually:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/55014_1211.htm
http://www.quadratec.com/products/55014_1210.htm

Last edited by spartacus_33; 07-31-2015 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Upon further inspection, it looks like these same parts are included in my kit. Not sure the actuators are necessary.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150731_073954.png
Views:	37
Size:	492.5 KB
ID:	619896

Quick Reply: Mopar 1/2 door assembly video?