Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mods on new '13 or wait awhile?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lifted my '12 within a week and haven't stopped since. It helps if you have a mod-friendly dealer though.

As far as your take-offs, it's going to vary.

I sold my Rubi tires with 2k on them for $650 for the set. You may get a little more if they are still mounted. The wheels by themselves around here aren't selling at $50 a piece.
Bumpers - give them away. Very few people looking for stockers, unless they have a stock Jeep and damaged theirs.
Driveshafts are the same way, occasionally someone is looking for one, but usually when people break them, they upgrade so they don't break on them again.
Stock Springs and Shocks - will depend on the spring rate (look at the tag) but could go for about $200 for the set.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HogHoden
I lifted my '12 within a week and haven't stopped since. It helps if you have a mod-friendly dealer though.

As far as your take-offs, it's going to vary.

I sold my Rubi tires with 2k on them for $650 for the set. You may get a little more if they are still mounted. The wheels by themselves around here aren't selling at $50 a piece.
Bumpers - give them away. Very few people looking for stockers, unless they have a stock Jeep and damaged theirs.
Driveshafts are the same way, occasionally someone is looking for one, but usually when people break them, they upgrade so they don't break on them again.
Stock Springs and Shocks - will depend on the spring rate (look at the tag) but could go for about $200 for the set.
Thanks for your response!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CPSOX

You were reimbursed for mods too? Am I reading this correctly?
Yes, Chrysler paid for my Rhinoliner and side steps that I had installed from the dealership, even though it was not part of the original paperwork. It was included in the lemon law suit since I was unable to remove that equipment when I turned the truck in. Yes, I could have unbolted the steps myself, but they were originally installed by a "certified Chrysler mechanic" (no charge at the time) for warranty purposes.

Last edited by Tripletsi; 10-04-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I picked up my 2012 JKUR and after a month and putting 2500 miles on it, i cut all the suspension off, and installed a 4" long arm kit, bumpers, gears, 37's, poison spyder rockers, etc. Never looked back. Of course, i Knew from the start this is what i wanted to do. Plus, if the engine pukes out, or something like that happens.. it's more incentive to install the 6.4L Hemi I've been wanting.. haha

Luke
Old 10-04-2012, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

My 13 was lifted by dealer/AEV. Added bumpers and was happy until 350 miles. Four trips and a month of down time as they replaced almost the entire brake system. Cause was determined to be a missing o ring between booster and the master. Went through 2 boosters before Chrysler stepped in to help. Buy from a real jeep dealer who understands what a enhanced Jeep is! Now at 1500 miles and a happy Jeeper. I vote lift it ASAP and enjoy it.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Kc8spv
My 13 was lifted by dealer/AEV. Added bumpers and was happy until 350 miles. Four trips and a month of down time as they replaced almost the entire brake system. Cause was determined to be a missing o ring between booster and the master. Went through 2 boosters before Chrysler stepped in to help. Buy from a real jeep dealer who understands what a enhanced Jeep is! Now at 1500 miles and a happy Jeeper. I vote lift it ASAP and enjoy it.
good dealers are important. The owner of my dealer is a car nut. My next jeep will be lifted and gifted from the dealer and tacked on to the payment.

Quick Reply: Mods on new '13 or wait awhile?