Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mods to move up to a 37

Old 07-22-2013, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently running your desired setup. I have sleeved and gusseted my D30 and plan to make my own truss out of some 3.5" and 4" angle iron. I did some wheeling of my own...up some significant little climbs with only the sleeves installed and it was not an issue. low and slow is my game. Granted the R&P is somewhat smaller, but if something is going to break...its going to break...live and learn...if you want to run 37s...no matter what system your running...its going to cost money.

If you wheel, this is a reality....I plan on taking a trip to Colorado and Moab from Texas and driving the jeep the whole way...wont be doing any "Rock Crawling" but we will hit some significant trails. If we break...im screwed, but that's just part of it...we will just limp into town as quick as we can, spend the cheddar it requires to get it fixed, and head back out...or back home, whichever the wife tells me to do at that point...cause lord knows she wont be to happy!.

This doesn't look like much...but pictures are deceiving. This was our first trip and I took this hill with only the sleeves in 4-low. made it no problem...like I said, low and slow!

another trail from the top.

Quick Reply: Mods to move up to a 37