Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mods to move up to a 37

Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods to move up to a 37

Looking to upgrade from 35's to 37's next year. What is your opinion on the best route to build to that. I have a 13 2dr sport. I know I have to beef up the d30.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Please use the search feature or google for super commonly asked questions. If you want to know something specific then ask and these guys are very helpful. But all these same questions really make the people that have lots of knowledge just want to leave.....
What's the best lift kit? Can I fit 35s?? Blah blah blah!!!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A little more info would help as well. What do you have now?

I'm upgrading from 35" to 37" in a few months and all I need are tires.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Than keep moving to the next thread. Don't be ignorant. You didn't know it all at one time. Thanks for your input.
Right now I have a stock Dana 30. I'm sittin on 35's. 3.5" lift. I have cosmetic stuff like bumpers skids. Winch.
Again to the ignorant people. I have read and am learning more. I know I can buy a pr 44 but I don't have 6k. I know you can buy an upgraded d30 housing. I know I can use truss' N axle sleeves and inner c's. so I have read that. There's so much broad information. I'm trying to break it down for my knowledge. And understand and do it right the first time! So if your negative. I ask you to move on and be mr know it all. If you could help a fellow jeeper. Thanks and I appreciate it.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ironhead920
Than keep moving to the next thread. Don't be ignorant. You didn't know it all at one time. Thanks for your input.
Right now I have a stock Dana 30. I'm sittin on 35's. 3.5" lift. I have cosmetic stuff like bumpers skids. Winch.
Again to the ignorant people. I have read and am learning more. I know I can buy a pr 44 but I don't have 6k. I know you can buy an upgraded d30 housing. I know I can use truss' N axle sleeves and inner c's. so I have read that. There's so much broad information. I'm trying to break it down for my knowledge. And understand and do it right the first time! So if your negative. I ask you to move on and be mr know it all. If you could help a fellow jeeper. Thanks and I appreciate it.
Sounds like you've done your research already. What exactly are you asking here? If you just want opinions on which gussets, axles sleeves, braces how about lay down some of the things you were thinking about doing.
Example: can I just install C gussets or do I need to install a full brace system like Artec makes.
Just remember everyone has different opinions and you will get different guidance. So you should try to lead the rest of us with a more detailed question.

When I move up to 37s at a minimum I will gusset my front axle.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Than keep moving to the next thread. Don't be ignorant. You didn't know it all at
I don't know half of it now. I'm not being negative but you have let people know what you're asking. Lots of guys are running 37" tires on the street with stock D30s and then those who run D60s in the rocks and all kinds of in between.

That said. 3.5" of lift and flat fenders will clear 37" tires. It's always good to gusset the Cs. The whole sleeve and/or new axels is up to the individual.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I don't understand. And I want opinions. Do you do sleeves AND trusses? Is there other things I'm missing. Do I need to upgrade my ball joints? There's different splines which I don't understand. The chromoly axle kits. I have the basic knowledge. I'm just unsure of how to put it all together. I want to beef it up but not go overboard or under achieve.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try a little more honey if you don't want to search the FAQ.

Search the forum for a thread on running 37" tires with no lift.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks assholes
Old 04-29-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sometimes, not all the time, the search feature on forums isn't the most effective way to find what your looking for. When I search for something, I usually go to google and type in " jk forum whatever im looking for" . Not sure if you said this or not, but a big factor is if you will be wheeling your jeep or not when talking about axle modifications

Quick Reply: Mods to move up to a 37